• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with mep-003

GHOSTOFAGREATMAN

Need help with mep-003
got my first 003 running last night ran well voltage was fine hertz meter showed every thing was ok ran a small grinder no problem .
this morning went out to fire it up voltage was fine hertz meter shows nothing.
what have I done wrong ?
please help.

hurst01

You haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes the transducers give a fit on these gensets. I bought one that was intermittent and finally quit working all together. It produced voltage fine but the Hz meter just won't work. I bought a Kill-A-Watt meter on ebay for about $20 and by plugging it in the 110v receptacles you can adjust the Hz with it. The Kill-A-Watt does not like the dirty voltage when starting up, so I plug it in after it starts ans I can adjust the RPM the way I want it.
I am sure someone else will clarify it better.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ghost,

If the gauge is dead, it's one of two things....the transducer or the meter...there is not much to the frequency part of these sets.

If you really need to get it running badly, you can follow the TM procedure for troubleshooting the Hz Meter on page 6-1 of TM 5-6115-585-34.

If you find out that it is a bad gauge or transducer, and want to replace it with a proper part, call Delk's Army Nave Surplus. They have a great selection of parts for these sets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks