• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with poor running mep-003a

Ratified442

New to me - 10 hours on meter - appears to be accurate. New filters, oil etc. starts quickly and runs but poorly. On first start lots of blue/white smoke and hz meter has no ready. After 30 sec idle pics up strong smoke clears completely and idles perfectly for 30 sec then back to heavy blue/ white smoke. When running I have 60hz when no smoke. It almost seems to be cycling - 30 sec good then 30 sec bad. Only modification is bypassed starter lockout switch. Any ideas?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Run it for an hour with a good load on it. I had one that was similar and loading it helped. I still need to adjust the governor, but at least it runs good now.

Harleyd315

Check your glow plugs I have seen alot of sets come thru with 12 volt glow plugs and they burn up first time you use them. If the smoke clears up after about 15-20 mins of running you might want to also pull the injectors and send them to storeman to get checked, he has found alot of injectors not set properly. I had an 003 with a smoke condition and after the rebuilt injestors only smoked for about 5 seconds on start up.