• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with poor running mep-003a

Ratified442

New to me - 10 hours on meter - appears to be accurate. New filters, oil etc. starts quickly and runs but poorly. On first start lots of blue/white smoke and hz meter has no ready. After 30 sec idle pics up strong smoke clears completely and idles perfectly for 30 sec then back to heavy blue/ white smoke. When running I have 60hz when no smoke. It almost seems to be cycling - 30 sec good then 30 sec bad. Only modification is bypassed starter lockout switch. Any ideas?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Run it for an hour with a good load on it. I had one that was similar and loading it helped. I still need to adjust the governor, but at least it runs good now.

Harleyd315

Check your glow plugs I have seen alot of sets come thru with 12 volt glow plugs and they burn up first time you use them. If the smoke clears up after about 15-20 mins of running you might want to also pull the injectors and send them to storeman to get checked, he has found alot of injectors not set properly. I had an 003 with a smoke condition and after the rebuilt injestors only smoked for about 5 seconds on start up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks