• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with speaker selection...

linx310

I am a complete noob when it comes to car audio.

I need to find some dash speakers for a M1009 but I am not sure which ones to select.

I took the console off and my dash has holes cut for 2 side speakers and one center speaker.

What should I do?

Purchase the 2 3.5s or one large one (not sure on size) to go into the center mount?

I am going to be hooking up a Mp3 player to this:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/56441-12-cucv-amp-solution.html

Any one have a link to the exact speakers they got from crutchfield or a place I can get the brackets?

Last edited:

nattieleather

I would say that if your hooking up an Mp3 player and an amp you would want some version of stereo so I would get the 2 3.5 speakers and leave the middle clear. This would give you left and right balance. You might consider some speakers in the back since you have the "blazer" truck. This way you could have left right and front back stereo.

wilsonmotors

the center is a 4x10 and the two outers r 3.5 but u need the brackets for them lmc sells the brackets or u can get two 3.5 that mount in the center look through the lmc blazer book or the truck book

salt6

Check your local slavage for the brackets. I got an older radio with the speakers. LMC is easy but your local salvage might be cheaper and you might find other things you can use.

lavarok

If he buys the 3.5" speakers from Crutchfield, they will include the brackets for free. Plan on adding some 6.5" speakers to your doors or some surface mounts in the back.

cosmobius

I am a complete noob when it comes to car audio.

I need to find some dash speakers for a M1009 but I am not sure which ones to select.

I took the console off and my dash has holes cut for 2 side speakers and one center speaker.

What should I do?

Purchase the 2 3.5s or one large one (not sure on size) to go into the center mount?

I am going to be hooking up a Mp3 player to this:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/56441-12-cucv-amp-solution.html

Any one have a link to the exact speakers they got from crutchfield or a place I can get the brackets?
I just purchased a similar amp for about $12 and now just need to get some speakers. Have you hooked yours up yet? How does it sound?

linx310

I just purchased a similar amp for about $12 and now just need to get some speakers. Have you hooked yours up yet? How does it sound?
I just ordered the speakers a few days ago. When they arrive I will install them and let you guys know.

pinwormfood

Installed height

guys, i bought these to put in dash

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777P35/Sound-Ordnance-P-35.html?c=3&tp=96&avf=N

, and i was a little anxious about the installed height and the dash not fitting on top of it. installed height is 1.5 inches....anyone know if that will fit. i dont want to jack up the dash or speakers trying to get it to fit. also, if anyone has a 4x10 speaker mount plate i'd buy it....for my m1009.

mr.travo

Was there enough clearance? What all did you need to buy to get them to mount under the dash?

I have my radio and everything, just need speakers, wire, and whatever else for the dash.

pinwormfood

Was there enough clearance? What all did you need to buy to get them to mount under the dash?

I have my radio and everything, just need speakers, wire, and whatever else for the dash.
to be honest, i had them installed. i know that the tweeter sticks up, so it did make a clearance issue with mounting with the typical mounts. i'd have to take the dash of to see how they mounted them. maybe i will get under there with a light. i'll let you know.

mr.travo

Yes, I know you can see under the dash on the drivers side. I am just curious what they used to mount it with. Does it bow the dash any?