• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need info on Ford Flathead straight 6

Burmafrd

I have a Burma Jeep, GTB, bomb truck. Need info on what kind of carburetor the military variant of the Ford Flathead Straight Six had. Does it have a vacuume assist connection to the distributor?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know anything about militart flatheads, but i have never seen one that had all sealed connections on them like the early deuces had. the flathead i have has a vacuum connection on the distributer for the vacuum advance. i think they all had it on them. Mine also had a vacuum governer below the carb. not sure how it worked, but i took it off. The flathead was on my 1940 ford pickup when i got it and now a small block chevy is sitting in its place.

White666

Check out "fordbarn.com", if you want info on anything ford prior to 1960 they have it or can find it, military or civilian.