• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need info on ww2 gen set

Diamondjim11

Hey Guys,
I need some help identifying a WW2 gen. It is marked Signal Corp Power Unit PE 108E 600w 115v 60cycle. It has electric start, and will charge the battery while running. It has 2 ac outlets and a plug for some type of radio/ power cord. I think it is a 9 pin. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Jim

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
pictures?

paulfarber

Not to be a smart a$$ but you already ID'd it. its a PE 108E Generator.

What else do you need to know? The data plate should have name, DoD, manufacture, some wight and power outputs.

What *specifically* are you trying to id? You got the basics... name, outputs, rating.

The TM seems readily available.. Google is your friend:

TM 11-927 Power Unit PE-108 (A, B, C, D, & E)(8 January 1944);

It appears to be a Signal Corps Power unit.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It powers this radio, the BC669, part of the SCR543 radio set. WWII ground based command set, AM 1.68 to 4.45 MC. Would have been mounted in a MBT trailer behind a WWII Jeep. Engine is the Briggs ZZ. Picture credit: bwgsurplus.com

Attachments

Diamondjim11

What I was trying to Id was usage, I guess I should have been clearer with my question. I appreciate the help. The engine on this set is a wisconsin. Don't know if that means anything or not. Also wondering if these are common or not. This is the first one I have run across. It runs and makes power fine, I thought I would use it to power a few lights at the re-enactment camp. Nice period piece, instead of the honda.;-) Thanks again
Jim