• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Injector Pump assistance in Kansas City

HardCorps79

So, the M1009 has been parked dead in the driveway all summer due to a shot Injector Pump I can't get out. The simple fact is, I don't know enough about what i'm doing. If there's anybody in the area who can help me get it out so I can get it rebuilt, I would really appreciate the help. I want to have the CUCV up and running once it gets too cold to ride the motorcycle anymore.

There's a Stanadyne guy in Blue Springs who will rebuild it for around $400, but I need help getting it out and putting it back in. I'm not afraid to dig in to this, but don't really have any kind of mechanical experience. I know I may have gotten in too deep with an older truck like this, but I want to learn.

So, if you're in the KC area and know what you're doing, I'd buy you a good case of beer and/or pizza to come and give me a hand. Thanks to all.

Still love this site and all the helpful hints/tips I've gotten.

Semper Fi

-Sgt "Bear", USMC

Westech

CPL
$400! get one off ebay new for a lot less! And there ez to get out, I can have them out in 30 min or less. Take off intake, take off lines at injectors, take oil fill tube out, remove the 3 bolts on the front gear. you will have to rotate the engine to get at each bolt. done

HardCorps79

Westy-

I checked ebay and can't find them for less than $300 + shipping & unknowns. The guy in Blue Springs rebuilds for the National Guard and his rebuilds carry a Stanadyne warranty. Do you ever get up to Kansas City? I could use a hand getting it out.

Can't seem to get on the third nut (under the throttle arm lever/plunger thingy)- can't fit a socket down there, and the wrench doesn't have enough room to move with the bracket and alternator mount in the way.

As I tried to indicate in my last post, i'm kind of mechanically inexperienced and have hit a wall here.

Confession: how do I turn the engine over "by hand" to rotate it, once I get the oil fill tube off? Don't really know what I'm doing here. :oops:

Chief_919

Westy-

Can't seem to get on the third nut (under the throttle arm lever/plunger thingy)- can't fit a socket down there, and the wrench doesn't have enough room to move with the bracket and alternator mount in the way.
You need an S shaped wrench. Snap-On and Kent Moore made special ones, but Lowes sells a GearWrench S shaped set that works like a dream.

Westech

CPL
I never needed anything but "stranded" tools to replace the pumps. Another thing you can do is get a engine off GL.. I got two new 6.2's for 150 bucks. I gave Mang one of the pumps and he says his 09 has never ran better. 400 Bucks man I tell ya that's a lot to pay for a pump.

and here is a pump for 275 with shipping

http://shortlinks.net/irg108

HardCorps79

Westy-
Thanks for the ebay link. May have to use that- would be a big savings. I'll see if I can get an S-shaped wrench at the local Lowes/Home Depot and see what happens. Otherwise, the beer/pizza offer still stands if you make it to KC.

So, you wouldn't happen to be the one selling the 1009 currently listed for $4k on craigslist from Jct City/KC would you? It's tempting...(too bad I don't have a spare $4k, right?)