• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need inspection in Peoria

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a deuce checked out at the GL - Corps of Engineers on Grant St., Peoria on 8/31 thru 9/2. I would be eternally grateful. :D

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peoria Inspection

Thanks Art. The auction ended yesterday. The deuce must have been nice as it went for about $4,000. Too much for my blood.

Thanks anyway. Let me know if you ever need assistance in the San Antonio area.

Kent

48cj2a

Yes, All our duces have less than 6K miles, all are servicable, and no robbed parts, most have full fuel tanks, and just need a jump start and a few miles of driving to blow out the cobs and round out the flat spots on the tires from sitting since DRMO turn in.

Seem one pops up about once a month, don't know if EUC is denied or people tired of waiting, but I thought they all sold at least once.

stoney_bogg

The first GL at Peoria was in April for 6 or 7 very nice Deuces.
I bought one for 3100 at it was a 1988 with 4800 miles and had the Air Force modifications like duel brakes . Several people said I paid to much until they saw the truck
Drove it home to Ohio with no problems.
There have been two other auctions at Peoria - both for deuce's in the original auction either for not paying or long EUC.
All trucks I saw there were very nice.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are as nice as this weeks auction truck in Peoria appeared to be, I am sure they are worth more money. I did not want to buy one without a preview. At $4K plus and drive to San Antonio, it would of been more $ than I needed to spend. I was also concerned about rust based on the windshield photos.

Anyway, I purchased my alternate from a local guy for almost half and it was licensed and titled. Great body and runs fine so far but something will come up eventually. I am bobbing it shortly. Thanks for the comments.

PorscheTech911

I live 10 minutes from the Peoria GL site if anyone ever needs some help ever. I can do recoveries and store vehicles and help with loading or other arrangements if needed.

I bid on that truck too, but didn't have the moola to come close to the winning bid.

48cj2a

They are not at the GL site listed, they are still at the Air Guard Base at the Peoria Airport on Smithville Rd. When are you planning recovery? Work and weather permitting I can go jump start it and give it a quick once over but I am going out of town in two weeks for the weekend.