• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Insurance for my M931A2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffRH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get insurance for my new M931A2 custom. I've talked with my insuarance agent, but she is having a tough time finding an insurance company that will insure these beasts.

What insurance carrier do you use?

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffRH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a search and you still have to dig quite a bit to find anything useful.

Perhaps there should be a sticky.

Anyway my insurance agent was able to get me insured. Here is the info:

Insurer: Chartis Property and Casualty Co.

Bodily Injury: 250,000/500,000 Per Person/Accident
Property Damage: 100,000 Per Accident
additional per injury: 10,000 Per Person

Work Loss: Up to 80% Loss of Income

Uninsured BI: 250,000/500,000 Per Person/Accident
Uninsured PD: 100,000 Per Accident

less deductible: 250 Per Accident

Annual Premium: $180

Hope this info helps others looking to insure your beast.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be thankful that you are not in MD. Among other reasons, you cannot tag a tractor as historic in MD.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be thankful that you are not in MD. Among other reasons, you cannot tag a tractor as historic in MD.
THAT tractor can't be tagged as historic or FMV in TX either. Gotta go the full registration based on GVWR. About $400 a year.

JeffRH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats cheep for a 5 ton. You did good. Welcome to the sight. Did you build the truck or get it like that?
I bought it this way. And it is registered as an FMV.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunner0311

5-Ton Insurance

I mailed my application packet and a check for $152 today to J.C. Taylor Antique and Classic Auto Insurance Co. to cover my 5-Ton. Full Collision and Comp with
Roadside Assistance/Towing for one year. Seemed very reasonable...

Since I live in Michigan I have the privilege of paying an extra $35 of that premium for the Michigam Castostophic Casuality fund:mad: It would have been $145 if my truck had not been registered as an Historical Vehicle. It is great living in a state where the government reaches into your pocket to pay for people who broke the law and refused to purchase auto insurance, and then they get injured and we get to pay for their medical care:twisted:

P.S. Great looking truck. Have fun with it![thumbzup]

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought it this way. And it is registered as an FMV.

Sec. 504.502. CERTAIN EXHIBITION VEHICLES; OFFENSE.
(a) The department shall issue specialty license plates for a passenger car, truck, motorcycle, or former military vehicle that:

(1) is at least 25 years old, if the vehicle is a passenger car, truck, or motorcycle;

Someone at the tax office did not read the paperwork. Your truck is not 25 years old and is not eligible for FMV registration by law.

JeffRH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(a) The department shall issue specialty license plates for a passenger car, truck, motorcycle, or former military vehicle that:
(1) is at least 25 years old, if the vehicle is a passenger car, truck, or motorcycle;

Someone at the tax office did not read the paperwork. Your truck is not 25 years old and is not eligible for FMV registration by law.
(i) In this section, "former military vehicle" means a vehicle, including a trailer, regardless of the vehicle's size, weight, or year of manufacture, that:
(1) was manufactured for use in any country's military forces; and
(2) is maintained to represent its military design and markings accurately.

'accurately' is a relative term.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mailed my application packet and a check for $152 today to J.C. Taylor Antique and Classic Auto Insurance Co. to cover my 5-Ton. Full Collision and Comp with
Roadside Assistance/Towing for one year. Seemed very reasonable...

Since I live in Michigan I have the privilege of paying an extra $35 of that premium for the Michigam Castostophic Casuality fund:mad: It would have been $145 if my truck had not been registered as an Historical Vehicle. It is great living in a state where the government reaches into your pocket to pay for people who broke the law and refused to purchase auto insurance, and then they get injured and we get to pay for their medical care:twisted:

P.S. Great looking truck. Have fun with it![thumbzup]
Yeah, but do you keep it in a locked garage? That was their requirement the last I checked. Perhaps, you have such facilities. I have had that arrangement at times in the past, but there are others carriers, such as GULFWAY, that do not require locked garages.

gtofred

Now you can. here is the new 10/12 form http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-096.pdf

Clearly states "The vehicle is a Truck with a GVWR in excess of 10,000 pounds, Tractor, or Motor Home; and is 25 calendar years or older, and has not
been substantially altered, remodeled or remanufactured from its original design."

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the insurance sticky.

New discussions about insurance are not allowed, Too many variables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.