• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need items picked up at Hooks

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi All,
Is anyone going to hooks in the next week? I need 2 crates picked up. The lot is 29" x 27" x 4" (L x W x H) and weighs ~350 lbs. I can pay fuel. Thanks in advance!
Chris

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
great you got them.. nice job...well done.. if any local guy. i know of one can get them out and to frodos house he can bring them here to my house and ill bring them to the GA rally and someone can haul them up north to you... does that sound like a plan???

ARYankee

I might be able to help out. I don't have any plans on going out there to pick anything up but I would love a reason to go out there and take a look at what they got there. When does it need to be picked up?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
great you got them.. nice job...well done.. if any local guy. i know of one can get them out and to frodos house he can bring them here to my house and ill bring them to the GA rally and someone can haul them up north to you... does that sound like a plan???
Tim,
Yep, that sounds like a great plan. I love the SS Shuffle as you called it! :)

ARYankee,
It needs to be picked up this week if at all possible. Here's the hours and days:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Load by appointment only within 14 days of a paid in full invoice. Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Site is closed Fridays.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Please let me know if you can make it and I will fax the auth. for pick-up to you. Thanks!!

ARYankee

I was hoping you would say next week..... :( I've got to make a run Friday to OKC to get some stuff I bought there and Friday is my only day off during the week besides Saturday and Sunday. Sorry. I really wanted to help.....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks anyways ARY.

I just spoke with the lady at Hooks. She told me it is due to be picked up by the 25th. I was counting the weekends and the holiday, so it turns out I have a little more time.

Is anyone else close by that can make the trip? All else fails, the lady said the UPS store in Texarkana picks stuff up there all the time. I could probably pay them to pick it up and hold it.

ARYankee

If they weren't closed on Fridays I would gladly pick up for you. If you can arrange for someone to pick it up and hold it, I'll go down there on a Friday or Saturday and get it.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone else close by? I guess I will have to give the UPS store a call tomorrow to see if they can get it picked up and held for a while.

runk

Hooks maybe open on Friday...

When I was there end of July, they mentioned they are open on Friday's now despite the website listed hours....

frodobaggins

Chris, I have an appoitment now for the 30th. They are closed for inspection Tues-Friday of next week, and Monday is booked,.....so you may can sweet talk them into holding them till I get there the following Wed.

Try it. :D

Kevin

ARYankee

If Frodo can't get them let me know. I can always do it on a Friday. I know this Friday the 25th I have to work but I can make sure to have the following one off. I'm not too far from Hooks- about a 2 hr or so drive so it would be no big deal.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going down on the 29th to pick up my flatbed and a compressor, another 350lbs should be manageable if needed. I can haul it back to Russellville and store it until you can have it picked up.
James G.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for offering, James. I am trying to get it to Timntrucks so he can bring it to the Georgia Rally. Frodo will see him before he heads east, so that should work best.

broman78

LMK if you still need for the item to be picked up. I have to go view my truck to make sure anymore parts don't walk off my truck until my euc clears. I may be taking a truck load of tires to the GA rally but I have to work out the details.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LMK if you still need for the item to be picked up. I have to go view my truck to make sure anymore parts don't walk off my truck until my euc clears. I may be taking a truck load of tires to the GA rally but I have to work out the details.
Thanks for the offer, broman. I finally got everything cleared with the GL folks and Frodo is going to pick it up on the 30th. I will definitely keep you in mind for any future lots.