• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need items to complete two Vic-1 installations.

ida34

Well I got a bunch of stuff from Medlog. I have am-1780 amps and three control stations each. Looking it over I need three cx-4723 cables. One for each box and a fourth to connect the am-1780 to the MT1029 mount for my radio installation. Since I have two setups that would make it 8 cx-4723 cables. I also want to get two mx-7777 or 7778 units along with the cable cx-13089 to pull power from the MX7777 and run it to the Mt1029. If I am connecting the am-1780 then I do not need to connect a power cable to the connector J508 on the amplifier. The amp gets the power from teh cx-4723 connected to the mt-1029. Am I correct in this statement? I figured I already have the power cables for my MT-1029 units and they should work for the input cable for the Mx7777. Is this correct?

Having all this in mind, I checked the prices with Fair radio. They want $14.50 for 4 foot cx-4723, $12 for CX-13089 cables, and $25.95 for an MX7777. Does anyone on SS have them cheaper for me or should I just get them from Fair Radio. Below are the totals I think I need.

cx-4723 8ea
cx-13089 2ea
mx-7777 2ea.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ida34 said:
.......If I am connecting the am-1780 then I do not need to connect a power cable to the connector J508 on the amplifier. The amp gets the power from teh cx-4723 connected to the mt-1029. Am I correct in this statement? I figured I already have the power cables for my MT-1029 units and they should work for the input cable for the Mx7777. Is this correct?......
That's the way I have mine hooked up using the MT-1029 and the MX unit, so I'd say it's correct.
Check the ground straps for the radio mount and also the MX-7777 for good connections.

Get everything from Fair Radio if they have it, I may have paid less, but I spent a year collecting parts for good bargains.

ida34

RE: Re: Need items to complete two Vic-1 installations.

I had someone speak up that may be able to get them. I would rather line the pockets of a fellow SS member. I do like Fair Radio. I visited there last summer. Neat place. Thanks for the input Bjorn. I looked over the documentation I downloaded and previous posts but I just wanted someone to double check my "math".

Thanks
Chuck

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Chuck, we have a member in Winchester Ky that does ALOT of radio stuff. We stopped in to see him on the way to the Fl rally. GREAT guy, Tbanks is his user I.D. I think.

ida34

Ok I am all set except for two CX-10613/G cables. They are the input power cables for the Mx-7777. I have been told that it is the same cable that powers the GRC-106 radio. I have high bid on one on ebay but still need another one Haney is a no go and I have an email in to Murphy's. Anyone else have one or a line on one. I saw the Murphy's place has MK-48 cabs for as low as $89. That seems below scrap value. Any help on finding my cables would be greatly appreciated.

Boatcarpenter

ida34, You can get a 7777-4p 4pin female connector from Fair Radio Sales and make them up. Someone gave me a box of cables and one was a CX-4720 with one connector cut off. I swapped the connector on the other end for a 7777-4p, paired the wires on the other end for my battery hookup and it works fine.
BC

ida34

I saw the connectors at Fair. They do not have cables. As a last resort I will try to make one with the ends they have. Thanks for the input.