• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M1101 / M1102 tarp bow dimensions

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone who has a set of the bows please post dimensions?

Height from trailer deck (top of ribs) to top of bow installed
Radius of corners (on centerline)
Width (outside of bow to outside of bow where it meets the brackets)
Diameter of tubing
Wall thickness of tubing

Note: As I've seen in pictures, it looks like the front bow is lower than the other three

THANKS!

KansasBobcat

Having bought 5 of these trailers, my advice would be to buy a complete trailer with top, bows, brackets, and then sell your incomplete one. You should end up many dollars ahead. Bob

Amer-team

This was one of those, I wanted one and got 3 by accident. Need 6 top bows (I can make these but have not gotten around to it) and a top or two would be nice, but Kansas's point is well taken. It is getting to be a bugger to find M101 tops as well.

ghostcrab

65" from top of bed rib to center top of bow.All have the same measurement.
83.5 +- outside to outside of bow at corner bracket /bow intersection
Plus/minus since the corner brackets have a bit of adjustment built into them.
Ill lay on on the setup table over the weekend and check the radius if someone doesn't post it sooner.
Will check the wall thickness also....

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
001_web.jpg002_web.jpg
Gates and bows; I will have a custom tarp made because I want 78" headroom inside.
Bows are 3/4" EMT bent with a standard Greenlee hand bender. Radius is approximately 6" at outside of tube.

Thanks again for those who contributed to the info!

Last edited:

Amer-team

We now have two dimensions, both 1" and 3/4", to add one more to the mix, my two original bows are 7/8" outside diameter. They also have a small crown in the top middle. I have seen a couple of tops on trailers at JBLM where the front bow is a bit shorter than the other bows, but am not sure this is always the case.

Amer-team

Yes, that does show the shorter bow in the front and it looks like the bows have a crown to them as well. Makes sense as maybe the water will run off better unlike the truck cargo tops that often times sag and hold water.

dcarteaux

It's amazing how difficult it is to find the actual dimensions or tech spec/drawing for the hoops/bows. I've searched everywhere for the specs (hole spacing and span, etc.) - even downloaded the TM - and still nothing comes up. Does anyone here have that drawing? Trying to get a fabricator to make me a custom set and wanted to give him the factory specs in their original format.

Any and all help greatly appreciated...

DC

M1101 Trailer - Custom refab coming up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks