• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M35/44 gasser exhaust manifold

acetomatoco

I have one of the cast iron exhaust manifold extension pipes.new $35 plus Post from 05822. This bolts to the manifold and connects to the first exhaust system pipe. About a foot long and curved. I will post part # later after I look it up in my Ord9.
Here is the number....... 7372759. I may have a new head but it may be for a GMC, I will have to find the crate and check the #.

citizensoldier

I will probably take it ACE.. I dont think that piece is still on mine. It was modified by a fire department. The exhaust manifold has cracked just on top of the flange. It fills the cab with fumes now. Can rebuild kits/parts still be found for this engine? I have gone round and round with this truck. First it was going to get chopped and a multi... then chopped and rebuild the gasser... then made into a long wheelbase tractor... Being built by the Curtis Wright factory I cant chop it up.. I might just try and restore it. Not many original gassers left and I dont need it as a daily driver.. I have the M109 for that.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can have it for free + shipping...! :)
Don't you want a complete "Gold Comet" with exhaust pipe and all? Or two or three....???
I have one with only 4500 miles on it! From time to time I start it just to here it run. But I doubt that those will see any practical use in the future, at least in our country. To burn woodgas or ethanol the compression ratio is to low and changed to 11:1 it probably wont last to long...?
Are the Curtiss Wright M35s any special or just rare and thus "collectible items"?
I'm currently restoring one '60 WO/WN and it's getting an LDS 427 implant. Another one W/WN will be next.

Gerhard

citizensoldier

I have been told they are rare. Curtis Wright only made a few in the begining stages of the M35 series. This one is all original under the hood and runs very well. DDoyle might fill us in.. It was labeled as a 1959 in the auction but the frame numbers reflect a 1952..

acetomatoco

Here is the part # of the pipe I have 7372759. I also have 4 liner and piston sets new for $99 each. Originals..

acetomatoco

Very difficult to reimport US military equipment. I read the post as in jest...The South American poster was aware of the prohibitive shipping costs and paperwork. Try Sam Winer Motors in Akron OH as they have sold 1000s of MV through the years and have an extensive collection of parts, too. Gerhard, sounds like you have some interesting projects going on there in Uruguay.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ACE: just a few old (retired) steelsoldiers waiting for restoration, to be enlisted again, to serve in the civilian world and ready to burn carbon-neutral fuels!
Or in other words: some 50 tons of "scrap" OD iron parts to be combined so that something nice and useful comes out... My goal is to build them to last and run for another half century, long after diesel fuel will only be available at drug stores....!

And... who said a "Gold Comet" or parts of it are military??? As long as it doesn't say U(ncle) S(am)'s property... or it's painted OD all over.... :)

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks