• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M48A1 TM's....I really NEEEEED them, please help :(

EZFEED

Last couple weeks I have been pulling the engine on the M48A1 off and on between work.

My whole convert to M60 Continental diesel endeavor is scrapped because the AVDS-1790-2 is waaaaay too expensive to procure plus dumb me forgot this was an A1 and does not have the louvered rear. :???:
So the gas AVDS-1790-5B stays.... It will eat my lunch in fuel but it will stay.

I need.....I NEED help with manuals. I need something with torque specs, magneto repair, valve adjustments, timing, etc for this engine. I want to check mains and rods and just do a quick go through while it's out.

If possible I also need hull electrical systems, etc.

If no one has anything I think I am just going to end up running a wire back to the starter with a simple switch to kick it over then a simple ground kill switch for the magnetos.

Please, if you have something like a master wiring schematic or something you can scan and email to me please do or if the shop manuals I will purchase them.

March21_1861(removespam)@hotmail.com

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have access to a TM library. You need A1 stuff? Let me call someone and see if they have extra sets.

EZFEED

Thanks sooooooo much for any help!
What and were is this ABLV place????

Don't know what TM i need, I suppose just a workshop manual???

WhirlingSun

My son's grandfather was a Tanker and later a Full-bird Colonel with the Nuclear Missile schools. When he passed away I rescued his library before it ended up in a dumpster. I have a lot of tank books. I think this one has most of what you are looking for:

TM 9-7012 90mm Gun Full Tracked Combat Tanks M48, M48a1, and M48C August 1954 581 pages

I can't lend or give the book away as it is part of my son's library, but I can take pictures of the pages you need and email them to you if you need.

Attachments

EZFEED

WhirlingSun THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Let me see if I can find that TM since now I know what to look for and if not I most assuredly will be contacting you!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

linx310

Ezfeed is that your M48A1 or are you helping some one else getting it going?

BTW you guys with large TM libraries should think about scanning those manuals to digital format so they are saved forever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks