• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M880 key number!!

papercu

I only see a "B" on my key, it did work the key switch on both of my trucks. I'm going to town tomorrow and will try to have one made and send you a copy if that will help. Wayne

Last edited:

citizensoldier

I have a key for a M880 that I could mail him.. But I think Recovery 4x4 might have already done this.. We need the code number so he could have one made at a dealership or anyone close to Rock Island that has a M880 type vehicle? Hmmmm

acmunro

I guess I got lucky with my Dodge my ignition lock was in the lock position, but the steering and gearshift was not locked. A freind with a M886 gave me a key for it when I got it home.

Alredneck

Banned
Yea the key just locks the ignition. You can still shift it into neutral and steer the wheel. I will try that number key but we were hopping for a confirmation on what the code is. Recovery and everything I found on the net today said they all should be the same but noone has the code. Shhhh. Argghhh!!! I hate when this happens.:roll:

Alredneck

Banned
Ah I was looking at that under the hood earlier today but wasnt sure if the ignition switch would keep cutting off the flow of juice. Will try it in the mornig, I got some spare wire and I always carry tools. Though I forgot my jumper cables and had to by new set. I can just bump it over with a screw driver at the relay after I get the 12vs to the positive side right. ( Just use a jumper wire to energize the side I need correct. I had to do that on my Jeep truck and a old F100 but its been a minute ) Thanks, Captain

nattieleather

The number on my key is : Y152

This is an aftermarket key and I am not sure it is the number you need...
That's the blank number that any key shop or hardware store will use to know to use a 1907s chrysler blank instead of a KW1 which is for a kwickset house lock etc.

What you need to find out is the cutting code the dealer would use to cut a new key. And yes one key fits them all. I might even have a M880 key at home....:)

Hal_VT

Did anyone come up with a key code yet?

I need either the code or a key, my key disappeared after my nephew's wedding in September, and I am going to need the truck pretty soon to plow snow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks