• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M880 Tailgate

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So prolly a divorced 205 right? I know its a 4 speed. Could be mine too. Body is rustry but between the 2 I could have a neat truck.

Elwenil

Yep, should be a NP435 (or perhaps a NP445) 4 speed and a divorced NP205. Perhaps even more desirable is the 8 3/4" rear axle that is in the 1/2 tons back then. Both of my '74s were 4 speeds and were stump pullers. That W100 (I think the fenders are off a later model) probably has 3.55 gears also. If mine hadn't rusted down to nothing I would still have them. They don't make trucks like that anymore.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fender emblem looks 79 80 to me , 79's had the turn signals in the valance.
also the 77 M880 is a reverse rotation steering box, sits on shelf off the frame, in 78 the shelf is gone and it is std rotaton I believe, I'd be interested in seeing how an 82 steering box could work.

Elwenil

True it could be a '79 model grille and fenders with the single headlamp system but the lock outs and what looks like the large bolt pattern makes me think it's a '72-'74 model.

The steering box should swap over with the correct dragling and steering shaft. I don't think that the steering arm even needs to be changed but I may be off on that point. I list both steering boxes for '77 so that's a bit of a toss up I guess.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
77 2wd drive has a std rotation steering box.
Also the length of the steering box on my 79w200 is longer than the 77's and the steering column shaft is shorter on the 79 to match the longer box.
I am going to look into this farther as the power unit on my 77 has some play in it and the issue of big tires hitting on the full right turn. It may involve several parts off the newer truck to be transferred over with the box.
hmmm.............

Elwenil

Note also that some point in the '70s the steering shaft changed. The early models have the joint at the top and is similar to a Jeep or GM style joint with square shoes and the flex joint at the steering box. The later models swapped them around and out the flex joint at the top and the newer style joint, much like the cars used in the '60s, with the "H" style shoes and a cast metal body. Also the length will be different with 2WD, 4WD, Tile and non-tilt columns etc.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98hd, what do you want for the tailgate? Citizensoldier will be passing through on Monday and I might could get him to pick it up. If I can afford it, I'll take it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've been searching long and hard for pics of the grills to try and figure out the W100/ W150 year. Seems that 1980 looks like the year. While searching my Standard Catalog of 4x4s I learned that in 1980 Dodge went to a NP208 transfer case and lockouts again. Couldn't determine if they went back to 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern. I'm not getting my hopes up too much on it having a remote 205.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks