• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Me A New Steering Wheel - M936

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 822714
I made some window shades to keep the sun out of my cab. It might look a little like towmater...;)
I like that! Pretty neat...

Something like that could be made out of the plastic stuff that political yard signs are printed on (CoroPlast - corrugated plastic). On that plastic would give the sun shields some insulation value as well.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that! Pretty neat...

Something like that could be made out of the plastic stuff that political yard signs are printed on (CoroPlast - corrugated plastic). On that plastic would give the sun shields some insulation value as well.
Yes, that would be nice and light too. I made mine with 1/4” plywood. I also covered the door windows. Sun light is very hard on our vehicles when they have to sit outside. I put UV block on the tires as well.
When we drove my M934 home from fort Reilly, we started out with a steering wheel. 1,000 miles later it was a wire hoop. All the plastic crumbled off. The truck sat in the sun for about 20 years.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow... That would be a strange feeling. Turn a corner and a little steering wheel plastic comes off in your hand. Take the next turn and lose a little more...

The idea of shielding the side windows would make the protection even better. Another neat idea! I was eyeballing the M373A2 Shop Trailer (picture below) that Floridianson has. Noticed that he has tire covers to keep the UV off them. That might be a worthwhile thing to have for a truck that sits 5 or 6 days and hopefully gets driven on the weekends...

Floridianson's M373a2.JPG

A trailer like my really ratty and in need of a paint job (M871) should eventually need some wheel covers too! If I did that now, those covers would be the best looking part of the vehicle! :)

Old and Tired M871.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I park my MV’s I put plywood down so the tires don’t sit on gravel or concrete. I’m a bit sensitive about the tires. I had to replace all ten on the 934 not because they were dry rotted but because they had flat spots that I just could not fix. Buying 10 radial tires at one time will set you back so I do all I can to prolong their life.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grant adapter 4405 Is a 7/8" 36 spline adapter that let's you swap to a standard 3 bolt steering wheel. This will allow you to get a smaller wheel if wanted.

Adapter is found at summit racing or jegs
Mine came in yesterday. Will I need a wheel puller to remove the steering wheel?