• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need MEP002A governor linkage

cherlymo

Does anyone know where I can get a new governor linkage rod (the one that is spring loaded on the inside). Mine sticks every time the unit shuts down and I have to force it back up for restart. I've tried to get lubricant inside it but no help. Since my unit has remote start this is a big problem. I appreciate any help I can get.

thanks,

Terry

dangier

Terry,
Your governor rod linkage sticks by not extending or retracting? If so, I would soak in pb or any penetrating oil for a day or so. If the rod sticks against the sheetmetal, that can be adjusted by a slight bend in the governor rod itself. Every 002 and 003 I have had needed a little "persuasion".
David

cherlymo

Thank you Dangler for the reply. It sticks by extending all the way when you kill the engine. It is my standby generator here in Cameroon Africa. it has been running at least 2 or 3 times a month sometimes a week but it just got harder and harder to start. I tried to take the rod off and spray penetrating oil along the shaft but im not sure it is going inside. I will try putting it in some and soaking it. I would still like to have a new one if I can find one.

thanks again,
Terry

cherlymo

I drilled a tiny hole in it and sprayed penetrating oil in it and put the small rod in a drill and ran it while working it in and out and so far it is working. if that doesnt last i will try the hot oil trick. Still would like to find a new one. it takes a few days to get anything shipped in here.

cherlymo

Yes, it has become our calling and our life. My oldest son is also a missionary here now with his family. They live about 4 hours from us. His oldest son returned to the states and attended some Bible School and then got married. His middle son is 14 and he and I are doing a rebuild together for him on an old Hotchkiss/Willys MB-the French version of the World War 2 jeep. So far the oil hole i drilled is working. Gulf Coast Trucks said he would send me the linkage. I am waiting for him to send me payment info and shipment confirmation. Being a PK is not an easy life. Many times more is expected of them by the parents and the other members than should be. And parents sometimes don't think they have the time to spend with them but you really just have to take the time to let them be children and know that they are important. I had to force myself to make a special day each week to spend with my family or I could have lost them while they were young. This is why I enjoy working with my grandson on the old Jeep. That is quality time that makes lasting memories for both of us. Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble but just felt for some reason I needed to say it.

cherlymo

Gulf Coast Trucks sent me an email asking me if I needed more than one of the governor links and I told them send me two so hopefully I have found what I need. PM me anytime and maybe we can set up some kind of instant message or facebook or something so we can talk.