• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need mirror help

bmH1065

Getting ready for Veterans Day parade and found that one of the mirrors is rusted out too bad to adjust. I would like to convert to west coast type mirror but want to keep looking like original. Has anyone found anything that will work?

onegmjack

If you check around you can find all the brackets.Someone had all the brackets at the Ga. Rally for both sides.My 71 Deuce has west coast mirrors,it still would be orginal or upgraded.

historyfanatics

I have a set of West Coast mirrors I took off my truck. I'll see if I can find them.

I put single arm mirrors with the square heads - Vietnam era style. makes it a little harder to see out of, but not impossible.

bmH1065

That would be great. Mine are the rectangular ones that have a bolt on a ball (Vietnam era) with an arm coming straight out and one going down at a 45. The 68 or 69's that we had were a small round mirror with just one arm. I would like to get the west coast type as I drive it most of the time by my self because my wife doesn't like to ride in it that much. I did find some tat I think will work but they are chrome and chrome plastic. I was talking with the warrant officer from the local NG unit and he said that was what they were getting for replacements and they were painting them and paint would last a little while.

Amer-team

If you have a truck wrecking yard handy, check them out. They should be fairly reasonable. I had one that was too rusty to adjust. Had to cut it off the bracket with the grinder. Found a painted one at the truck yard. Came home painted it OD and you can't tell the difference, except that it looks better than a lot of the rest of the truck. Truck is being painted one piece at a time. Happy hunting. Be sure and look for the spot mirrors as well.

bmH1065

hndrsonj, checked out Saturn and it looks like the ones that I have. Thanks. I will give them a call tomorrow. I wish I could of found the West Coast style but these will work untill I can find them. I wish we had a truck salvage yard around here but will look for one of those too. Thanks again for all the help. I still have 12 days to get them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hndrsonj, checked out Saturn and it looks like the ones that I have. Thanks. I will give them a call tomorrow. I wish I could of found the West Coast style but these will work untill I can find them. I wish we had a truck salvage yard around here but will look for one of those too. Thanks again for all the help. I still have 12 days to get them.
TNJ Murray has the west coast mirrors, they are spendy though.

bmH1065

Thanks. Was looking through all their parts for the duece. Sure glad that my truck came with quite a few of the parts that needed changed out.

historyfanatics

I looked at the mirrors that came off my truck. Some rust and one of the arms is bent up pretty bad.

If you can get them from Saturn or another vendor, go for it. I'm not sure how to wrap these up for shipping. Not to mention the cost incurred.