• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new transmission

MVrookie

I'll be pulling my Deuce tranny tomorrow. I can have it rebuilt (jammed syncro)
or look for a replacement. Where can I get a replacement here on the left coast?
Thanks all.

derby

Have You pulled the top of the trans off? You may just have a bent or worn fork. Can I ask ,Do you start in second gear.......never mind.:oops: If you have or do find that the trans is bad you might find a replacement cheaper than a rebuild. I would say $100-$500 for a good used one. in your area i don't know from where though. There seems to be a good network of Mv owners from east to west there might be one just down the road.

MVrookie

I removed the tranny top and found a broken lock out plate. I replaced the plate and still had no ability to find a gear. The forward sycro will slide about 3/4" (about right) but the trailing syncro is all but welded against the aft gear.

The Tranny guy says the syncro is bad, at least, and needs the box pulled.

No, I always start in second gear. The damage is a result of my kid speed shifting the box. Thanks for the heads up about GL.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact Dave Newman at Eastern Surplus in Philly. I realize he is on the opposite side of the world from you, but he may have a new tranny. I know he's got, or had, some new 5 ton trannys. I believe he got a new deuce tranny. It is worth a call.

KsM715

Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming transmissions. Now I can bid them up and maybe get one I can sell him a a decent profit.

Come on folks, if you want to tell him where theres upcoming auctions just send him a pm and avoid breaking the rules.:-x

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming transmissions. Now I can bid them up and maybe get one I can sell him a a decent profit.

Come on folks, if you want to tell him where theres upcoming auctions just send him a pm and avoid breaking the rules.:-x

Kinda works the other way, you run the bid up and that would cut into the profit from a resale. :roll:

It really cracks me up that anyone believes an obscure post about a potential upcoming auction at an auction site that has it's ads on plastered every ficken page of this this forum Is going to affect the outcome, sheesh!

Like wow! I can bid on something on GL!! I didn't know about them!!! Anyone here got a link to that auction site? LOL

As far as the thread goes, I'd like to get my hands on a new/rebuilt Deuce tranny also.

KsM715

Well go ahead and look them up and bid on them. Im sure the OP likes having to bid against quite a few more people now, or any other person on this site that was planing on bidding on those.

From the forum rules.

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

Not my rules. SteelSoldiers aka Chris, the site owner, his rules.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not complaining about the rules at all.
They are there due to a fear of being charged with collusion.
Posting coments about PMing people instead of posting could be considered collusion.
Where as posting about an upcoming auction would be considered as free advertisement.

Anyway:
as I said before
I'd also like to get my hands on a new/rebuilt deuce tranny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks