• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need opinions

joeypushjr1

OK heres my 1009 blazer. ive been slowly fixing the bad spots on the body and been getting her ready for a fresh paint. as ive been doing this ive knoticed the origanial color was all green no 3 color and then blue .. and now what you see. should i take it back to green its origanial color or should i leave it tan .. just wondering what you guys think and what you may do in this situation. i havent quite decided myself.. thanx for all input..

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd paint it acording to the are i lived in. In ohio it would be green. If i lived in new mexico it would be tan. It does look good in the pic though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always less work to repaint the same color, rather than a total color change.

moleary

I think its totally a matter of personal preference and that you should pick the scheme that you think looks best - but I've always been partial to the woodland camo or straight green (in order of preference).

I'm also looking forward to seeing some new camo layouts (digital, etc) on collectors' vehicles someday.

PorscheTech911

I'd say go with the terrain near you. Of course its up to you, but if we are ever invaded or zombies attack you won't want to stick out in the woods!

ctmustang

I'd just think on it for a while and look at others and then just go your own way. It's yours and you're the one doing the driving so go with what you feel. Been thinking of doing one in tan myself. I think the tan is cool!:-D

jbingvtx

After all the work you put into it make it exactly the way that YOU want it, after all it's going to sit in your driveway. IMO though something unusual....Tigerstripe! I know that the Brits used a tigerstripe camo and I believe that we did too for a while.

joeypushjr1

interesting. guys. thanx im just tossed. the deuce is green and to have both trucks match would be cool but like dog said . to change color might be a bit of a task. and sanding it down to origainal color might also be time comsumming. you have to thinkg theres the tan and under it blue and then the green. the entire inside of the truck is green so i think i may go with the green theme.. thanx guys oh and by the way HOT PINK ??? you out of your mind?? lol. i needed a good toss of ideas . i do like the tan really but i live in northern ohio. not much blending in with that color...

HardCorps79

Depends on what you want to use it for. As a hunting rig, I like camo. As a bugout vehicle I'd go with something that matches your local terrain (though that may match wherever you're hunting). I'd love to buy a second one and go with flat black, tint all the windows and put chrome lug-nuts on for the wife to have a ride (since she's always stealing mine to go to the grocery store! What's wrong with the minivan? She says, "If there's nothing wrong with the minivan, why don't YOU drive it? *doh!*)

86M10086.2L

I do really like a nice 3 color woodland camo paint job. But if you go to any of the MV events/rallies you will notice that 90% or better are always Green. If my truck where tan like yours I'd keep it that way just to be alittle different, but still be militray correct. If I ever decide not to keep the MV correct look on my truck. It'll be snow camo for sure.

stampy

I love the military 3 part camo but you can make yours unique...Like others have said lots are camo, at a rally you will stand out if yours is a little different. I would match your local color terrain like was said previously and come up with my own 3 color camo....that would be soooo cool!

HardCorps79

And I'm still waiting to see a good digital woodland or desert like our cammies in the Corps. Would be interesting to see what size pixels would get a similar optical effect on something as large as a vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks