• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need part in nebraska, broke down out of town

Jon Giovani

Was recovering newly acquired m934s and the one my son in law was driving had a control arm come apart right in the middle of town he was able to get it off the road wondering if anybody in the area has any parts? I am in Beatrice Nebraska. Thanks in advance, Jon 402-651-1204
20151210_175446.jpg

infidel got me

We had one come loose last year while turning around in a parking lot. We pried it back on/in place and rachet strapped it together to get it home. If you don't have to far to go and drive sensibly you should make it. The next day we welded big washers to the outside of the dog bones and haven't had a problem since. These are a weak link on 5 tons. GOOD LUCK!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon,
Way to far to show up, Infidel's suggestion is the easiest fix. Get the dog bone back on the stud and strap it in place. Weld repair is the easiest fix. Big washer or bar stock.
Good luck
JC

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use wheel chocks in front of and behind the wheel that needs to line back up. The wheel chocks will keep the axle stationary while you move the truck forward or backwards to line it back up. Get the rod back on the stud and secure it as stated above. Try to make wide turns and take it slow. I know it's a little shocking when you first look under there but it's not that bad to field fix. I had the same thing happen a while back so I know what you're going through.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The easiest way we found to move the axle (if it needs to go forward) is to run a chain to the front tire then steer that tire to the other side. Bam you have hydraulics moving the axle for you.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easiest way we found to move the axle (if it needs to go forward) is to run a chain to the front tire then steer that tire to the other side. Bam you have hydraulics moving the axle for you.
Gimp.
Great idea, you need to publish a handbook with all your neat idea/fixes, "Gimp's Fixes".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks