• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need part number help. Can't find it in the TMs

kcobean

Does anyone have the part number of the bolt circled in this picture? I've looked through both of the parts TMs and either missed it, or it's not listed.

whatbolt.jpg

ETA: This one too....none of the diagrams for the radio mounts show these parts:

whatbolt2.jpg

Last edited:

kcobean

Ok one more for ya....

The bolt that attaches the legs of the radio shelf to the bracket (item #5 in the second picture above) are listed as 3/8-16x2.25. Why would they spec such a long bolt just to go through that bracket?

ryanruck

Ok one more for ya....

The bolt that attaches the legs of the radio shelf to the bracket (item #5 in the second picture above) are listed as 3/8-16x2.25. Why would they spec such a long bolt just to go through that bracket?
No idea why such a long bolt but it does hang out quite a bit. You could definitely use just a 2".

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bolt for the feet to tunnel is also 1/4 maybe 1 or 1-1/4

maybe 2 inch for the taller turbo dog house extension bracket but not many turbos out there..

Ditto on vent mounting bolt 1/4

They are listed in the radio tm's but many different radio sets and many different configurations.

Last edited:

NormB

What Juan said.

You can ALSO use a 1/4-20 KNOB you'll find at a big box hardware store; I used 3/8 hitch pins to connect the legs to the base too, makes for easier removal of the tray. For security, I use a bike lock with a 1/4" loop but it rattles a bit.

kcobean

The bolt for the feet to tunnel is also 1/4 maybe 1 or 1-1/4

maybe 2 inch for the taller turbo dog house extension bracket but not many turbos out there..

Ditto on vent mounting bolt 1/4

They are listed in the radio tm's but many different radio sets and many different configurations.
There's a brace under the tunnel that the screws go into for the brackets (shown at the very bottom of the 2nd diagram). Do you happen to know what the thread pitch on that brace is?

papakb

When I installed my radio shelf I used some 1/4-20 thumbscrews on the ventilation duct and 3/8" aircraft quick release pins for the mounting feet. I can pull the entire radio rack out in about 3 minutes to access the engine cover.

Last edited:

ryanruck

There's a brace under the tunnel that the screws go into for the brackets (shown at the very bottom of the 2nd diagram). Do you happen to know what the thread pitch on that brace is?
The one the feet bolt into? They're all 1/4-20.

Or are you talking about what the brace on the underbody bolts to? If so, no idea on that. Just know what bolts for the tray feet are.

kcobean

When I installed my radio shelf I used some 1/4-20 thumbscrews on the ventilation duct and 3/8" aircraft quick release pins for the mounting feet. I can pull the entire radio rack out in about 3 minutes to access the engine cover.

Great ideas, thanks! I've been putting together my parts list for this on Kascar's site, it's changing by the hour as you guys give me ideas. LOL.

kcobean

The one the feet bolt into? They're all 1/4-20.

Or are you talking about what the brace on the underbody bolts to? If so, no idea on that. Just know what bolts for the tray feet are.
Based on what I'm seeing, the brace isn't bolted to the underbody. The bolts that attach the brackets (feet) to the brace are all the holds it in place. So yeah, I was wondering about thread pitch of the nut threads in the brace itself. Thanks.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got to your local Tractor Supply if you have one, I used grade 8 bolts and nuts for everything I add to the Humvee from Tractor Supply mainly. By the pound prices beat any hardware store or the actual gov bolts.

Stonewall

When I put my HMMWV back together, I liked the look of all the bolts being stainless and not painted. It was nice to not have paint flake off or scratch when the bolt was tightened. I used SS for all of the misc brackets on the outside, all the hood brackets and supports, the hard door handles and latches, hood vent, antenna brackets, interior radio shelf brackets, light switch, instrument panel, so on, and so on. I think it turned out really nice, if you want that look. I bought my stuff from a local industrial supply house. I got all the bolts, washers, nuts, lock washers, etc for about $100. That is way less than box stores for the SS stuff.

Action

When I put my HMMWV back together, I liked the look of all the bolts being stainless and not painted. It was nice to not have paint flake off or scratch when the bolt was tightened. I used SS for all of the misc brackets on the outside, all the hood brackets and supports, the hard door handles and latches, hood vent, antenna brackets, interior radio shelf brackets, light switch, instrument panel, so on, and so on. I think it turned out really nice, if you want that look. I bought my stuff from a local industrial supply house. I got all the bolts, washers, nuts, lock washers, etc for about $100. That is way less than box stores for the SS stuff.
Last year, I put 3 stainless screws in the base of my intake tube. The aluminum is now corroded around them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks