• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need passagner side alt bolt and spacer

ssgtwright-usmc

Looking for the long alt bolt and spacer for my M1008.
Any help in locating said items or even the size of the bolt and spacer would be fine also.
My lower alt brackets keeps breaking at engine block due to the wobbling caused by not having the bolt and spacer.
Thanks

CCATLETT1984

dont know how i missed this thread.

The dealer should be able to get you the correct bolt, take the TM diagram in with you to show what you mean. As for the spacer, i got the alt mounted up and just measured and cut some thickwall pipe to make one. Unless you get lucky and find a parts truck that has this. (Will be more of a challenge since your in HI). I had the same darned issue, until i finally looked at the TM and relized that i should have had a spacer and a long bolt (the bolt had broken off in the head and somone just used a short bolt for the lower mount :evil: )

Westech

CPL
like Chris said.. any GOOD GM dealer will have a CUCV book and be able to get you the parts. Most parts joints will have the mounting bolt and like chris said prob be ezer to get your own spacer.. a bunch of washers, nut, pipe, ya know that stuff.

ssgtwright-usmc

Ive tried with GM/Chevy dealerships here in Hawaii and made calls to the Main 48 States.
They all tell me that they are no longer produceded and look in a Salvage yard for such parts.
I can make the spacer, thats not the problem.
Like to know the threads and length of bolt mainly so I can keep my alternator bracket from breaking again.
I do have the parts number from the TMs but Chevy and GM says its over 20 years old (My Truck) and they dont keep parts anymore.
Wish GM and Chevy had a better staff then what they do have working for them.