• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need pics of towbars gone bad!!!!!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

Im working on a project, I need pictures of the issue Medium towbar that have been bent, mangled, destroyed, etc. I know you guys got some good pictures, so here is your chance to post your pic, and tell the story behind it!

Thanks!

liljohn

I don't know about the issue medium towbar, but I've got some pics of the towbar on Stretch's CJ-2A that got a little messed up at the 2005 rally. ;)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
E22, what ever came of this?

Pappa-G

It aint bent but it's definately twisted!

This Bud goes out to Westfolk, who by his own two hands built a towbar that has seen more miles than many of the trucks at GL! This awesome piece of down home engineering propelled by a mighty duce was able to single handedly overcome the laws of physics and gravity for over 500 miles pulling a 10 ton hulking OD green mass through 3 states. pull little engine that could It's guys like you that put the "DANG" into DANGEROUS! So raise your glasses to Westfolk and his twisted steel and sex apeal tow bar! Mr. homemade scrap metal tow bar maker :D

Attachments

sermis

cranetruck said:
Took it off road for a test drive and snapped one towbar end....
Feet are on upside down. When one truck goes up and the other goes down the foot will hit the bumper and stop causing the tow bar to snap.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
sermis said:
cranetruck said:
Took it off road for a test drive and snapped one towbar end....
Feet are on upside down. When one truck goes up and the other goes down the foot will hit the bumper and stop causing the tow bar to snap.
Did you notice the title of the pics? :wink:

goldneagle

I got a set of towbars that are 4" diameter and use 1 1/2" pins. Bet you can't break them! I think you can tow a tank with them! I am willing to swap them for a medium size set... PM me if interested.

:driver:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
goldeneagle, tanks are one of the things that tb from he=ll is used for, is that the one from tin

goldneagle

I bought it from a guy in MO that had a few of them listed on Ebay. Got it with one set of feet. Made an adapter to use with the Deuce in case we needed to tow mine home from Ft. Polk.. Truck was drivable, so we never used it.