• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need: Portsmouth VA Pickup?

Is there anyone that would be available to pickup a trailer at the Portsmouth GL yard and stash it for a couple days until i could get over that way and pick it up? I would be willing to pay for the pickup and storage. If not, does anyone know of a wrecker service with base access that would do it for a reasonable price? I would just be looking for someone to get it sometime during the week and I could come get it that weekend. I would also be available to move some stuff that way if need be.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be able to help haul it a lot closer to you in WV, but the gas bill might make you queezy. How big is this trailer?

It's just an M101a3. All I really need is for someone to get it off base for me and I can pick it up on the weekend. The drive isn't a problem for me but getting the time off work is. The trailer looks to be in good shape and shouldn't be a problem pulling it off base. But I would certainly be open to having it moved a bit closer to WV though.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check my location vs. your location - might help you or not having me tow back to my place. I can take a day off work and make the tow, just going to be a long ride (about 7 hours round trip) so 17 mpg, you figure out the bill for the tow. Willing to do it - I have other stuff I can do down there as well...

Like I said, depends where you are vs. where I am. Your location in your screen avatar box would be better if a city was noted in front of the state, WV is a big place.

Maddawg, If you wanted to pick it up then that would definitely help me out. By my numbers it would be in the ballpark of 220 miles each way for you which at 17mpg figures up to right around 26 gallons which I'm figuring at 4 a gallon. I would definitely be open to that. If you want I could PM you and we could see what kind of numbers we can get. Also, it could be 30-45 days before the EUC clears Battle creek but hopefully a bit faster than that. Would that be a problem with your schedule?