• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need recovery help near Harrisburg PA

hdexpert

I won a deuce at Anneville and am looking for someone to get it off base for me. Oilcan and I will be flat towing it home with his 5 ton. Should be able to remove it from the base in 2-3 weeks. Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks!!!

sandcobra164

Getting on base shouldn't be a big problem as long as the tag and insurance are good to go on the 5 ton. GL will even give you a short window of time to get the towbar connected and drag it on down the road. Alot of those trucks in Anneville looked pretty good. Just bring a set of batteries and drive her down the road as long as it's got brakes!!!! That part was the most fun for me, driving a Deuce out past the main gate under it's own power. The part that was the least fun was stalling out 100 miles down the road due to water in the fuel. I drained the primary, bled the secondary filters and she fired right back up and made it home. Memories!!!!!

hdexpert

Kipman and I talked about driving a car over with the needed supplies to get the truck on the road and decided against it. I feel more comfortable having Oilcan flat tow it back to Ohio for me. Now if I can only get someone to get it off base for me. That way we can do all this on a weekend.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I was just at Anneville last week,they dont have a gaurd any more .Nobody checked anything,just met up with MIKE.And drove 2 m818s off base.

timass1

Anneville only loads out on Mon. and Fri. Mike is easy to work with and its an open base now as was mentioned earilier. I plan on driving mine back to Ct. Good luck . Just waiting on euc to go through.

timass1

Thanks, and I will keep that in mind, I checked it a week before the auction and it it cranked right over and I drove it around it seemed fine but will still stay a little religious until I pull it into my drive way.The duece forums have been a great help and I am currently putting together some fluids and tools to take down. I'll keep you posted.

hdexpert

Thanks for the info guys!! As usual, GL has everything screwed up. They have the wrong load out days listed on their site. If anyone lives near the base Oilcan and I are looking for a place to get a little shuteye Sunday night (trying to keep the costs down).

hdexpert

Submitted my EUC 3-11-10 was sent to Battle Creek 3-16-10 and I just received my paid in full invoice today 3-22-10 WOW was that quick!!! Looks like we'll be recovering the deuce April 4th and 5th....can't wait!!!:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks