• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need rim for M1008 in Nova Scotia/ rough ride !

Starlight

Hello all. The truck made it from Fla. to Nova Scotia. We've had a blast in her. Will send pics shortly. Issue I'm having is that I made a mistake by letting my brother in law, who's just now in the Army ,use it, :evil: or should I say he took it upon himself to use it. Went 4 wheeling and but her in a bad way . Apparently didn't know to lock the hubs... Bottom line is he managed to break parts. I was able to get everything but a fresh rim. Everything up that way was rusty. Do any of you guys have a source up that way? If I send from the states the Canadians charge the hell out of you. Thanks, Capt.T

Starlight

Just thought of something to sweeten the deal. If I can get a rim sent up there to my buddies address I've got a perfect condition "slave cable" for someone in trade. Hope I put that right. The cable that jumps vehicle to vehicle. I"m not using it and it's here in West Palm Beach. Thanks again, Capt.T

86M10086.2L

any 8 lug GM wheel of that vintage should work, truck or van. I found one on the side of the road that was in good shape, all the markings were the same as the wheels my truck came with. Could just be blind luck. But if you can't get your hands on a military one, most salvage yards should have a decent civi one for around $40. Thank GM for being cheap and using the same parts for almost everything they make. Nice pics, looks like some nice ridding country.

Starlight

Wow, I thought they were something special . The tough part is finding one without rust. The rims I have are perfect without rust. Except of course the ones the kids butchered . I'll ask the closest auto/truck joint to look out for one. Thanks for the heads up on that, Capt. T

AJMBLAZER

No problem. Can't comment on their accuracy in the great white north but here in the states they're pretty good for finding you parts near you (or in this case your vehicle).

I needed a spare 16" wheel for mine and found a guy through my local 4x4 site who had one just sitting around. $20 later it's mine. I also had a few on here who had offered me theirs but I only needed one and most on here were pristine sets of four.

Starlight

You're right. They don't do that area . They don't recognize the country code. I should be able to find something though. Might even bite the bullet and get one here I can see with my own eyes and ship up to make sure it's done right the first time. Thanks again,T

AJMBLAZER

Hey man, I got it to work!

Select eastern canada as the region and then put the postal code in. I used one I just found on the net by searching for nova scotia postal code:

B0J 3H0

It asked me for DRW or SRW and I picked SRW. After that it gave me several options including a 'yard in NS.

AJMBLAZER

Use B0W3E0 using two zeros. I corrected the O you used above to a zero and it works now.

I used:
Chevy Truck-30 Series (1988 Down)
Wheel (display w image)
Nova Scotia
Distance
and your postal code up there.
Next screen I selected SRW as the option.
Covey's Auto Recycler, LTD. Can-NS(Hubbards) Request_Quote 1-866-737-8912
Looks like Covey's Auto Recyclers is your best bet.

maritimer

hey if your postal code is bow 3e0 i am just down the road from you as mine is the same, unfortunatly the only extra rim i got is attacvhed to my spare LOL but go see brad at woodvale truck and trailer he might be able to help you out , if worse comes to worse if you see my cucv m1009 crusing around flag me down i will see what i can do