• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need shop equipment moved in Connecticut

metalshaper

Need help with a move, looking for Connecticut members with heavy equipment
Hello everyone,
Been a while since I have been on the site and things are crazy around the shop. Since I have outgrown my present restoration shop I decided to get a larger piece of land and spread out a bit. I won't get into it right now but nothing ever works out as planned so that is why I am here. I have a complete shop full of restoration tools and HEAVY equipment that needs to be relocated from Branford to East Haddam, Connecticut. Over the years I unloaded and installed most items in the shop with my 5 ton wrecker. No longer having that I don't have any way to transport my equipment to its new location. Just wondering if there are any local people out there who may have some heavy equipment to help me move all my stuff. I have had an ad out on craigslist offering a trade of welding and fabrication work in exchange for some help but so far have only gotten guys with small car trailers to respond. So I am putting the same deal out there....... does anyone need any welding, fabrication, painting, restoration work in exchange for helping with the move?????? The stuff is heavy, here are some examples : Ironworker at 30,000 pounds, lathe at 10,000 pounds, power hammer at 12,000 pounds and the list goes on. If anybody has any ideas, trucks, trailers, cranes, etc... and are local and want to help, this stuff needs to be moved. I would be happy to work with you in any way to make this work out for both of us. Send me an email or call me direct 860 510 2342 Brian, leave a message if I can't get to the phone. I will try to post some photos so you can see what we are dealing with. Thanks for taking the time,

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

L999here

...suggestion...

Might want to peruse the trailer forum for anyone who might be close and has a heavy-duty MV trailer. Other than that...contact a local rigging Co. or a towing Co. to place the equipment on their trailers...depending on the distance being traveled. I'd offer my M172A1 25-ton trailer and semi...if you were closer....

metalshaper

Already talked to a bunch of riggers and towing companies but you couldn't believe the prices I have been getting. Having moved all the stuff inside with my M62 wrecker I was hoping to find some connecticut members with the same type of equipment. Should have never sold my wrecker but someone else is enjoying it now. Only have to move the equipment about 45 miles so if anyone wants to exercise their heavy duty military equipment let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks