• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need slave/jumper cables

joeypushjr1

im looking for the cables for the m1009 that attach outside the truck imlooking to make the wire to the pulg 12v so i can use it for jumping standard vehicles.. anyone no where ther are anyor who has any let me no please thankyou ...........

sermis

I have some NATO 1 pin cables that are about 10". $100 + ride.
The NATO plug on the front will be 24v unless you rewire it.

wsucougarx

batteries are in hooked up in a way to provide 24volts and not standard 12v The positive of one battery is hooked to the negative of the other. (12v + 12v = 24v)

pc3nmcb

I picked up a m1009 in INDY and they took the NATO plug out, and attached the wires to a heavy piece of plastic about 6 inches apart from each other, then they mounted to the brush guard. The guy said if they wanted to jump 12v system with jumper cables, they only used the top connection and grounded the black jumper cable. If 24v they used both top and bottom connection. It sounds more complicated than it is. As far as the wire connection I believe he said they ran 2 seperate hot wires than the nato plug.

This wasn't on the one I bought, it was on their yard truck.

emr

So all you need is the head, and only one from a mil set, they are on sale here alot i just bought 8 or 10, lose count, but they are awesome, and very very happy with the sale also, very nice indeed, im a little confused sometimes and patience is well appreciated...,... and a say 20ft set of good regular jumpers, cut off the hand clamps on one side and connect the mil jumper head to the other and u are on your way alot easier, and i think u already said you are going to have 12 volts inside to the truck connector, ...Randy

Dabba

any know what it takes to take one of these and put normal jumper cables on the other end and convert it to 12v? And anyone know how to jump another vehicle with my cucv and vice versa?

grounded

Banned
if you wanta jump a reg 12v vehicle off the CUCV. just use a standard set of cables. hook it up to the positive neg of "1" battery on the CUCV like you normally would and start it. It will be a 12v to 12v. even though the CUCV is 24. cause you are only jumping offa ONE 12v battery.

joeypushjr1

well i attached what my cabls look like i bought a slave plug off ebay and then bough 20 feet of number 4 welding wire cut in half so i have 10foot cables. ten bought to clamp ends and inatalled them. really easy ... now the interesting part you need to find th slave plug wires in the truck take them off the wire bank and either install then to the neg-neg from both batteries or i bought batteries with top and side posts and onthe side posts i ran off the 2 negs. posts and made a new block for aux lights and wht noton the truck and i also landed the slave plug on that so nowi have 12v in the front and dont have to lift my hok to jump anyone.......p/m me if anyone have any moe questions........joe

Attachments

Dabba

well i attached what my cabls look like i bought a slave plug off ebay and then bough 20 feet of number 4 welding wire cut in half so i have 10foot cables. ten bought to clamp ends and inatalled them. really easy ... now the interesting part you need to find th slave plug wires in the truck take them off the wire bank and either install then to the neg-neg from both batteries or i bought batteries with top and side posts and onthe side posts i ran off the 2 negs. posts and made a new block for aux lights and wht noton the truck and i also landed the slave plug on that so nowi have 12v in the front and dont have to lift my hok to jump anyone.......p/m me if anyone have any moe questions........joe
yeah but when you jump with those, arnt you jumping with 24v? Can you do that on a car?

emr

doing different things with jumpers can be risky, some day some body is going to help U out and fry something because they do not know what was modified, mark all U do with a tag is my 3 cents...Randy

joeypushjr1

hey dabba if you noticed what i said about the wireing.. i ran different blocks of my batteries if you take the neg. off both batteries you have 12v thats how i hooked up my new power block for my slave plug and for some aux. lights...

kc8oye

can that slave connector handle that much current to jump start a dead vehicle!? I didn't see any wires in that bundle that looked anywhere near large enough!

if you jump a 12v car.. use the FRONT battery! bad things will happen if you use the back battery, and either of the wires touch the body ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks