• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Some Advice. Bet None of You Have Had This Happen

Crash_AF

The cables from the terminal blocks are super easy. Top is positive and bottom is negative...

The question you need to figure out is if it's 12V or 24V. Does it still have both alternators or only one? If it's still stock 24V, make a cable that goes from the upper block to the positive of the rear battery, make a cable that goes between the two batteries hooking the negative of the rear battery to the POSITIVE of the front battery. Also hook up the 10 GA wire that runs across the firewall to this cable. Then hook the negative of the front battery to the core support.

On the title, in addition to giving you the SF97 have the guy write you a bill of sale and 2 notarized powers of attorney to get the title in his name and then to sign the title over to yourself. Check to see if your DMV has a specific form they want the POA on and send him the forms if necessary.

Later,
Joe

2deuce

SF97's are transferable. Anyone saying they aren't is giving out bad info. You will need a bill of sale from the person or business that is on the sf97. It is a certificate to obtain a title and is basically a fed title if there ever was a thing. The vin will need to be inspected by your DMV so you have to have the truck there. The numbers must match. The sf97 is better than some state titles. Never had a problem.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what 2deuce says.

I bought an M1031 and then sat on it for almost a year. I never registered it. I gave the new owner from out of state the SF97 and a bill of sale. I think I filled out an additional form that his state required. But the SF97 IS transferable.

greenupscott

Banned
The cables from the terminal blocks are super easy. Top is positive and bottom is negative...

The question you need to figure out is if it's 12V or 24V. Does it still have both alternators or only one? If it's still stock 24V, make a cable that goes from the upper block to the positive of the rear battery, make a cable that goes between the two batteries hooking the negative of the rear battery to the POSITIVE of the front battery. Also hook up the 10 GA wire that runs across the firewall to this cable. Then hook the negative of the front battery to the core support.

On the title, in addition to giving you the SF97 have the guy write you a bill of sale and 2 notarized powers of attorney to get the title in his name and then to sign the title over to yourself. Check to see if your DMV has a specific form they want the POA on and send him the forms if necessary.

Later,
Joe
Does the negative of the front battery go to the lower junction block on the firewall? There are 2 10 gauge or so wires across the back firewall. One goes from the top block to the resistor looking thing, the other is cut on mine but I think goes to the battery and somewhere else. I got the heater and wipers and tailights to work but it did not turn over or attempt to. It has a key switch and a psuh button to the right of the steering wheel with a sticker that says something about a light being out before starting, I'm assuming glow plugs. Does the key start it or push button? I crawled under it after I temporaried the hot cable to the starter. I asume it goes to the top terminal block!!!! it has a new looking solenoid on the starter. Yes it has 2 alternators....... I'm itching to see if this thing runs or not........