• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some glow plugs. what to go with

84cucv1ton

i have had 070s . they are ok. have a had good luck with ac60s. looking on rockauto. any other ones to try? i have never had a ac60 swell either.. just wonder what else might be out there. thanks guys

84cucv1ton

im about to spend about 460 at rock auto.. any help would be good. the 070 do swell. somewhere i read they didnt. any other opinions?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest/recommend AC60G glow plugs.

1986Blazerk5

I suggest/recommend AC60G glow plugs.
I agree 100% When i bought my truck it had the wellmen plugs and 5 of 8 were swollen and were a b***h to remove i will never buy them again, i have also read that there "not subposed to swell up" but they do, With the AC60g you have to change the connector as the spade connector on the plugs are wider than on the wellmans. Its not a big deal it takes maybe 10 extra minutes to change the connector, but it wouldn't stop me from installing them again on another vehicle.

kassim503

Has anybody try the Champion and NGK GPs?

Also, has anybody have the 60g's swell up on them?

And for general knowledge Wellmans are also badged under the "Diesel Rx" brand

84cucv1ton

go with the 60s. just ordered a few sets. 070 will swell. never had a 60 swell. never tired those. for the price i would say just get the 60s