• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help guys.. M931A2 passenger side window replacement

JohnnyBM931A2

So.. I ended up cracking my passenger side window pretty badly this morning. The upper left corner was caught on the weather stripping/trim, and I didn't see it when I went to yank the door open. So I developed a nice diagonal crack, almost from corner to corner :cry:

After I let out some choice words, I went inside and ordered a NOS window and frame assembly off eBay ($161.00 shipped.) Then I went back out and took a look at the door. I removed the lower "oval" panel, and took a quick look. I then tried to take off the inner panel of the door, only to realize that it was welded on. So I need a little help trying to figure out how to loosen the old window, and how to get the new one installed when it arrives on Thursday or Friday. Now I did a little looking around, and I didn't see any posts relating to M900 series trucks. I also looked through about 2000 pages of TM's, but the one's that I looked at did not focus on body or windows. Can anyone tell me if this has been covered before on here, or maybe put me on the right path to the correct TM "section?" Thank you :)

sed6

Here you go. You'll want to use a flathead screwdriver to pry washers #8 off the pins. They'll deform a lot but mine could be reshaped and reused. Some angled channel lock plyers make it easy to press them back on.

Next time your local glass shop can make you a laminated replacement window for about $60 or less.

Attachments