• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help please..

derby

I am just hoping that you did not suck up enough to damage the engine. In your first video I hear a sound, kind of like a tip of a ball peen hammer tapping on cast iorn.
I would be surprised if it were water in the fuel causing the ruff running, but I hope so.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Number 5 has a bad rod.
That's what I'm thinking. Diesels don't like water at all and the multifuel is even more prone to hyd lock due to extra high compression. Add that and the fact that your engine ate part of the turbo, I'd say your lucky it runs at all.

I've seen gas engines survive being drowned out but I've never seen a diesel survive a drink of water while running. Check the easy stuff first but I'm thinking you'll end up pulling the pan and looking to see if you have a bent rod.

Powerstroke94

I think found the culprit this evening. I drained about a pint of fuel out of the primary filter and it was clean as a whistle. No water at all. So I started to think to myself..I wonder if one of the injector tips is cracked? Well I started to crack each injector time one at a time and it turned out the be the 1st one was bad. You could feel the exhaust manifold and where the manifold attaches to the first cylinder it was cold and all the rest were hot. Thats what that black stuff was that was oozing out between the turbo and exhaust manifold.:doh: Well I pulled the injector and the tip was black with soot on it. Hopefully I can get a new injector tomorrow from my parts guy and be back in business!:grd:

Last edited:

misupratwin

You may find that the amount of water the engine ingested was enought to hydro lock the engine or in atleast a cylinder to have bent the rod. Sorry but yea can't compress water. I have seen it happen to hundreds of engines . Tim

rlwm211

The knocking in the first video of the truck running is water in the combustion chamber and it is the result of a lack of space for both the water and the fuel/air charge that is injected or drawn in on each combustion cycle.

I would be extremely cautious with this motor even after you fix the injector and it starts running properly. It would probably be worth the money to have your oil tested for babbit material in it as a result of the bearings being abused when you drowned your engine. They can also test for metal particles, I would recommend changing your oil filters and oil as soon as you get your oil sample.

derby

I wonder if you got some water in #1 and it slugged the injector and broke something in the injector. I don't even know if that is possable but something has to give.

That bad injector could have been what was causing the knocking sound. I hope it smoothes out.

Search the posts about oil samples You should get a hand full. If nothing else, check with your local big rig shop.

Powerstroke94

Alright yall so today I installed all new injectors into the Deuce and #3 and #6 aren't getting any fuel. When I removed the old ones a couple of days ago they were getting fuel. All of them were. Anyone know what the deal is?:(

machinist75

Open the bleed screw on top of the secondary fuel filters and turn on the pump and wait for fuel to come out. Turn off pump and close screw. I've got a brother in law that lives in blue ridge and I live near 78 bye lake lavon, we use to ride 4 wheelers at the red river atv park.

197thhhc

You should replace your fuel filters as soon as you can. Also I know you said you got water out of the air filter housing, did you pull the filter out to dry or replace it?

Hope everything woks out.

Powerstroke94

So bleeding the filters will hopefully get her running back on all cylinders?
And 197thhhc I removed the old air filter to let it dry out. I havn't installed it on the truck because I have had to remove the turbo a few times sinve I got it put on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks