• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with a transmission (WA)

yeadon

I was driving home the other night and 4th gear was making a weird sound, pulled onto my street and herd a big bang. Was able to limp it the rest of the way home. This is what I found next.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351490154.815442.jpg

I'm not very mechanically inclined, could someone tell me what might have happened? I'm thinking the barring went out? So today I dropped the transmission and opened it up and this is what I found.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351490373.177208.jpg

There is 2 gears that are missing some teeth. This sucks!! Is there anywhere I can order the metal case that broke in the first picture? Second, is there anyone that re-builds transmissions in the greater Seattle area? I'm just north in Everett. Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.........I'm thinking the barring went out? ....
YES, most likely the bearing (#6308, MS rear) was shot, long before this happened...!
Looks like a complete ! transmission overhaul to me... Better/ cheaper if you could find a good take-out in your area.

G.