• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Some Help Y'all

fr8242

I finally got the glow light, (and adjoining circuitry) to work properly. Went to start, and nothing. This tells me that the next step in getting the M1097R1 truck to start, is in fact the starter. After troubleshooting, I found that that my " I " (74A) wire from the engine side of the control box is not connected, to include a errant black wire on the top of the start, and my 74B that goes to the diagnostic port. I am asking if someone can take a picture of how their starter is wired or an explanation. I have my large schematic, but the images are in logic form, not true diagram. I have attached a couple of pictures. There is a gray terminal bus with three bolts that have nothing on it. The I wire has a red insulator on the terminal lug, The red wire in these pictures is my homemade grounding harness. After reading the manual 74a and b go to the same connector with a clip and I have no clip. Any help would be appreciated. Everything checks out so I truthfully believe that I am 15 minutes away from getting this girl started.

Attachments

Last edited:

fr8242

In reply to the previous, my bus block on my starter was flipped, as you can see in the pictures. I flipped it, applied the wires and she started for the first time in who knows how long. It has been a long road and I appreciate everyone's help here that made my dream a reality. I will be posting a histograhpy here soon going through many of the hurdles I went through and I hope that it is the ah-ha moment that you needed. I hope all is well and about to rock this girl around the block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks