• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some info

springfield1911

i am curently living in connecticut. i am looking at buying a bobbed deuce as a toy/hobbie.. I know almost nothing about them. a few questions that ya'll may be able to help me with.

what kind of heat system do you recomend..i am from kentucky and i dont like the cold

does the 465 multi-fuel have glow plugs like any other diesel???

Please help i will have alot more questions to come.

glcaines

The multifuel engine does not have glow plugs. The high compression makes this engine relatively easy to start and they come with either a manifold heater or ether injection system for extreme cold. Many deuces don't come with hot water heaters. Living where you do, make sure yours has a heater. You can also add a multifuel burning heater that will really put out the heat. These engines do not come with a block heater, but you can add one quite easily. I use a magnetic block heater but it is seldom required.

springfield1911

thanks

hey glcaines

thank you for replying to me thread....what options would you recomend for the bobbed deuce...do you recomend the diesel fired heater or the water heater... any other sugestions that you can recomend for my project....
any help would be great..

emr

best is use the search function, there are possibly hundreds of storys in as many threads that will help u more than a few answers in one thread, good luck, these are awesome trucks, u will love it,after that u may be able to direct your questions to a better set of answers......... good luck...