• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some measurements

harbordr

Hi all, getting a tow bar rigged up to pull my new M1009 home (should the EUC ever be approved) and I need to get the measurements for the bars that the shackles pint to. Also need the pin size,

Any help will be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fix your location.

kck what state is that?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As measured on my 1009-

Pins are 1"

'Square' tube is 1.5"w X 2"h

Center of hole for the pin is 1.5" in from the end.

Cheers

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search, there are several threads on towing CUCVs, as well as measurements of the the shackle mounts and photos of homemade towbar adapters.

Fleg

As measured on my 1009-

Pins are 1"

'Square' tube is 1.5"w X 2"h

Center of hole for the pin is 1.5" in from the end.

Cheers

How far is the center of the hold for the pin from the bumper? I've noticed nobody reuses the stock pin hole in the receiver extension for the 1" pin, they drill it about half way between where the 5/8" pin hole is and the end of the extension piece.

flyboi__01

I made one 3 days ago to get my CUCV from Nellis. I used a cheapo from Uhaul and made an adapter at my local 4wheel shop. all said and done $80. I can send you pics if you want. **** if you were closer I would just mail you the darn thing.

Fleg

I made one 3 days ago to get my CUCV from Nellis. I used a cheapo from Uhaul and made an adapter at my local 4wheel shop. all said and done $80. I can send you pics if you want. **** if you were closer I would just mail you the darn thing.

Pretty much exactly what I'm doing. I already have the cheapo tow bar and magnetic lights. Trying to make that little adapter to go between the tie down bars and the tow bar. Bought a piece of 2"x2"x18" tow receiver stock to use to make the adapters. Just need that one measurement from the center of the 1" pin to the bumper to know how long to make these adapters.

Small world, I'm actually picking up my CUCV from Nellis as well.

Pics of the adapter would be great.

Did you shim the adapters at all? Form what I read the tie down bars are 1.5" x 2".

salt6

I used a 1" to 3/4" reducer from the local farm store so I could ues 3/4" bolts. This had the additional bienefit of taking up the side to side slack. This due to the reducer being longer than the shackle mount width.