• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some new nuts

Smokinyoda

After spending the last several days trying to break down a set of A3 wheels I gave up and took them to a shop. Hated having to pay someone but my 3/4" impact wouldn't budge them, not even a 6 foot cheater bar. So the guy at the shop said they charge $30 to take old tires off and put new tires on, so says $15 to just take old tires off... I quickly agreed to that price! Even there mini jack hammer looking 1" gun had trouble, 400 ft lbs of torque my arse! Think someone misread the TM and added a zero. Ended up rounding 3 nuts off because they just wouldn't budge, not even after heating them with a torch. And watching them pound away with a duckbill sledge and poking and prying with different bars trying to break the bead... made me glad I spent the $90 and let them do it.

Anyway the rounded nuts had to be cut off, damaging the studs in the process. So does anyone have a cheap source for studs and nuts? I pulled the NSN from the parts TM and the only place I could find them online was at Erics and he wants $15 each for studs which seems kinda high. Nuts are only $3 each which sounds reasonable. Wanted to see if someone might have a part number for a suitable civilian replacement that would work. If not I will list the old CTIS valves, weights, and covers in the classifieds to offset Erics price.

My 395s I ordered from Berg arrived this week also so with any luck the old girl will have some new shoes soon! Cant say enough about Bergs service, Allen went above and beyond what was expected. Even threw in a free spare, and shipping was only $140 for seven 395s from halfway across the state.

Artisan

Job #1 when you buy ANY vehicle is to pull all lug nuts and make sure
they are removable BEFORE you need to take them off. I carry a telescoping
cheater, 3 telescoping pipes, plus the solid bar. I have never had one not come off, or
break. I am sure my day is coming though.

Give me a big enough lever and fulcrum and a place to stand and
I can move the world...

Smokinyoda

Guess I should have specified that these are NOT lug nuts, but the flange nuts that hold the 2 piece wheel together.

Sending you a PM Chris.

Job #1 when you buy ANY vehicle is to pull all lug nuts and make sure
they are removable BEFORE you need to take them off. I carry a telescoping
cheater, 3 telescoping pipes, plus the solid bar. I have never had one not come off, or
break. I am sure my day is coming though.

Give me a big enough lever and fulcrum and a place to stand and
I can move the world...