• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some quick help with my new muffler install

JohnnyBM931A2

I have finished painting up everything, and am trying to get it reinstalled on the truck. First problem is that the 2 new gaskets that I bought are garbage.. The internal diameter is not even big enough to fit over the pipe! So, I figured I would cut a slot in one side so it could spread open a bit. That was probably a stupid idea, but I tried it anyway. However, when I went to sit the muffler down, the stupid gasket got caught and ended up getting all messed up. It is useless now. So my question is this.. How necessary is that lower gasket? I am wondering if I can get away without it, or maybe use some kind of high temp silicone caulk from Home Depot.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I would like to get this done today, so I can paint and install the top pipe when it arrives tomorrow.

JohnnyBM931A2

Never mind.. I found the answer in the recent thread about muffler replacement. I had thought that the gasket between the muffler and top pipe was the one that could be left out, but it turns out that it's the bottom one. Problem solved :)

Mods: Please delete this thread. Thank you