• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some stuff In Oregon .........

CanadaDeuce

Hi Guys

Im making a road trip to Oregon , Portland area next month, Im in need of any old canvas tarps front cover and posssibley rear rollup either for M105 trailers or M35 trucks, must be canvas please, brown or green color If anyone can help with a cheap decent shape tap pls let me know.

Also need a rear window frame, and metal sliding panels from a Deuce hardtop Im not using it on a deuce but for my project should fit my needs,

If anyone has one of there also pls let me know, This is somewhat shipable so would be interested in this part wherever it may be being there is no glass involved ........... not sure of the dimension sof such an item so anyone who knows pls let me know so I can size it up compared to my project, heck only ever sen one picture of this unit so any pics would also help.

Thanks all :-D

CanadaDeuce

CanadaDeuce

OK OK ........... lets hope we can keep it a secret ;-)

here you go SS ...... Its a 1942 Ford CMP F15A 15CWT truck Canadian military truck ....... she weighs in at almost 8,000 lbs empty, powered by a flathead V8 engine, 2/4 whdrive, 4 speede trans, I know its no multifuel deuce but she is different and different is good somethimes especially with a 67year old MV.

It has a M135 CDN deuce bed shortened 4' on it, so going to put M35 shortened wood cargo racks on it, wood bows which Ive already secured all I need now is a tarp now but due to its vintage need canvas.

I think a M105 cover wil work also, so open to options, If I end up with a Deuce cover Ill have to cut it down, I also hope to shorten the box by another foot between it and the cab to install a spare tire carrier and tool box off a M818 which Ive also secured.

Its a neat old truck and finally was offered for sale to me so Im the new caretaker of her now.

enjoy , let me know your thoughts , If I had photoshop Id set all the stuff on there to see what it would look like but no such luck, so will have to wait till I collect all the stuff next month.

As you can see when looking at the pic what Im after reuben is right, thanks to him I have my bows , thanks Reub !

CanadaDeuce

Attachments

Last edited:

DanMartin

I'm in the Portland area, but don't have any of the parts you need. :(

If you're coming down to Portland, may I recommend seeing if Idaho Motor Pool can help you out with your needs? They are not *that* far from Portland (400 miles up I-84) and they do carry a bunch of piece-parts.

If you're in the area and want to swing by for a beer and to talk trucks, let me know. I can't offer much more than good conversation and a beer or two though.