• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some tires asap!

TattooKenny

I'm looking for some Michelin XZL's, 53" 16.00x20. 4 of them 5 if you have it. Help me out guys! The Beast is grounded till I get some:roll:

TattooKenny

Going to work today and the front blew....:roll: Looks like there was a dry rotted place on it. Figure I just need to put newer rubber all around and get a spare. Glad I have B-Locks on it, kept it on there so I didn't have to leave it on the side of the road.

Blythewoodjoe

There is a place in Alma that has them cheap. I hope to head down there this week or next. I know they have good used 14.00's for $50 each but the 16.00's like you have are more. Let me see if I can find the number.

Yep, here's the web site:
Recovered Materials Inc: Used Military Tires

Give them a call and see what they have. The tires are all used and you have to look them over real good. I bought 4 tire that they only had 4 or 5 of and there was a reason for that. They all had crack or some other problem. Pick from the pile that has a hundred in it and your better off.

Hope this helps,
Joe Trapp

Last edited:

TattooKenny

Thanks guys! Nice picts also! Just a little FYI, I called SECO here in Augusta Ga......He wants $650 a tire at 70-80%:shock: I asked if I got some KY for my butt with that deal:roll: Everywhere else so far is around $600 for a set of 4 at 90-95%...... Anyone ever deal with SECO? I've been told they were high, but not that high!

TattooKenny

Yep, it came from Brian out of Tn. I have a guy in Cali that has some interest in it now:grin: He has a fully restored, frame off resto on a 1962 Unimog S404 hard cab. I have always wanted one! Trouble is now how would we get them to each other! I just get one of the MV's I wanted and now have a chance to get the one that was at the top of my list.......just so far away:roll: Still getting tires for this thing! Thanks for all the post guys, I'll be making some calls tomorrow.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I just got back from Alma a little bit ago with $220 worth of 14.00's. Not bad thread. They had NEW looking tires (you know, still have teets on the tread) for $100 each. That's way I only took $200 so I wouldn't be temped to get the new ones. I'm cheap. They have those 16.00's starting at $100 each. If you go down don't go to the address on their web site. They are not there. They are a few miles south of Alma on US number 1 at mile marker 5. East side of the road.

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I google earth'd the location and I THINK this is it. If it isn't, its real close. It is in the general area and it looks like it from the air.

31*29'6.93"N
82*27'4.22"W

That's a couple miles below Alma on Number 1. It's across the road from "Pinewalk Ln." In fact if you do a Mapquest search for :

Pinewalk ln.
Alma, GA

It will bring up a map with a little road across from Pinewalk labled "RMI Dr" which I believe is the driveway to RMI (AKA the tire dudes). I hope you all are as confused as me now.