• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need suggestions on my deuce

nstorke

Alright so I am a new ish deuce owner and have 2 questions for everyone.

1)I am almost complete with the "bobbing" of my deuce and notice it have a coolant leak. The issue is that over night it leaks about all of the coolant and I can't seem to see where it comes from. I don't believe it to be the radiator since it's doesn't have a spot of rust and appears to be fine. So I'm wondering where are common spots for coolant leak?

2) *** removed ***

Thank in advance to anyone that has helpful advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, here goes. There are a million insurance threads that have been locked/closed because it is impossible for anyone to offer advice based soley on each person's circumstances being different. Search for those.

Please capitalize and use grammer/punctuation. Both are site rules.

EDIT: The capitalization/punctuation weren't as bad the second time I read it.

Try a search in the deuce forum for coolant leaks. Most likely there will be many.

If it were me, I would pressure test the cooling system. Usually a very informative test.

Last edited:

welldigger

Check your oil. If you have coolant in your engine oil that will be a big hint. Make your your lower radiator hose is good and both clamps are tight.

nstorke

Thanks welldigger I'll give that a check.
- and for wheelspinner if you read my post you will see my only grammar errors are not capitalizing my city and state, as long as one sentence that could be considered a run on. I did capitalize, use periods commas and apostrophes where required. All I am doing is asking for advice, if I wanted spelling lessons than I wouldn't be on this site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance questions are not allowed. That is why all of the popcorn smileys

For insurance questions refer to the Insurance stickies. There is one at the top of this forum.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notice I had already edited it. No need to get testy. Apparently you also missed the suggestion to pressure test. And yes on this site you will get grammar lessons.

ke5eua

Alright so I am a new ish deuce owner and have 2 questions for everyone.

1)I am almost complete with the "bobbing" of my deuce and notice it have a coolant leak. The issue is that over night it leaks about all of the coolant and I can't seem to see where it comes from. I don't believe it to be the radiator since it's doesn't have a spot of rust and appears to be fine. So I'm wondering where are common spots for coolant leak?

2) *** removed ***

Thank in advance to anyone that has helpful advice.
1)I am almost complete with the "bobbing" of my deuce, and noticed it may have a coolant leak. The issue is that over night it leaks about all of the coolant, and I can't seem to see where it comes from. I don't believe it is the radiator since it's doesn't have a spot of rust and appears to be fine. So I'm wondering where are common spots for coolant leak?

Thanks in advance to anyone that has any helpful advice.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:rules:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingvan911

It could be a leak in the solder joint of the radiator. Coolant can leak from the front, left side (oil cooler), or the right side (intake manifold) of the engine so be persistant and you'll find it eventually. I'd check in this order.

1-Hose clamps and other things you can tighten with a tool.

2-Hoses for cracks/holes.

3-Gaskets where metal parts mate.

4-Metal parts that may have cracks/holes.

If it is really tough to find you might see it the auto parts store has some dye and a (IR?) light you can buy. I know I've seen stuff like that for detecting leaks in auto A/C systems.

rustystud

We're not trying to get on your case, but proper spelling allows us to understand what your trying to say, so that then we can help you with your problem. If we have to decipher what your saying we may not totally understand and give you wrong advice. Also some of us are a bit older then you and may not understand the present "lingo" most people use on social media. I for one have never gone on Facebook, or twittered or any of that, so I don't understand the abbreviations they use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks