• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need thermostat information

Tackettr

I need a NAPA part number for a 180 degree thermostat for my duece.

I have searched and found a link to a NAPA cross-reference, but it no longer works. I also found a thread that listed NAPA part# 258-185. People at NAPA said it wasn't listed.

Anyone out there know a current part number? If not, what do I tell them when they ask the normal questions. Year, make, model, ect, ect, I know all this stuff but I don't think it helps them in their computor or books.:evil:

Thanks!!:-D:-D

Tackettr

Westech, that NAPA part number didn't work. Should I have used those other numbers? As you know, most of the poeple behind the counters these days have little or no mechanical experience.

Also, how do you get to the page from the old site? Thanks.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked one up at NAPA the other day. it's a THM 358-180 cost me $32.65. The seal is a 4662 and cost $3.25.

Last edited:

Tackettr

Thanks for the link, however the NAPA number listed is a good number according to my local dealer. Any ideas what to tell them to cross-referance it to?

Bill W

tackettr
I just went to the NAPA website and put in 358180 and got THM 358180, HD stat $35.00., you need to find new NAPA guys

Tackettr

I will agree with you there!:-D The only thing I told them different was the dash in the middle, 258-185. He searched on computor, looked through his books, and asked what it was for, ect, ect. No luck.

Also, why are they so high????:cry:

Tackettr

Whoops, I see my problem! I threw a 5 in there 258-185 instead of 258-180.

You would think it was close enough for the guy a the counter to help but it wasn't.

I still don't like their price, wish I was closer to Westfolk! I try to apply my FEDEX rule to buying things from NAPA, only if I, "absolutely, positively have to have it now or next day"

Thanks for the help guys!!!:-D

Last edited:

Bill W

"Whoops, I see my problem! I threw a 5 in there 258-185 instead of 258-180. "
You did more than that, the part # is (THM) 358180 thats 358 not 258

CurryRA

Just got a NOS one off Ebay for about $18 I believe. The seller is Equipment Parts Sales (his Ebay store) and he has many, many parts (some at reasonable prices) I got several needed items and he combined shipping, Ross

Tackettr

"Whoops, I see my problem! I threw a 5 in there 258-185 instead of 258-180. "
You did more than that, the part # is (THM) 358180 thats 358 not 258

Dang!!! :oops::oops::oops: I don't know what to blame it on, getting older or dyslexia. Just had my eyes check yesterday and doc said I was still 20/20. :-D:-D I hate reading stuff on the computor screen.

I will try to write the correct number down this time!!

Thanks to everyone for your time and patience with me.

Kevin

Tackettr

UPDATE: I took the "correct" NAPA Part Number THM 358-180 to a differrent parts Store (O'Reilly) and gave them the NAPA number. They were able to cross reference the number and get me one for $20. I was happy with that since the NAPA online price was $35.:-D

What I recieved was made by Murry and has an item number 3938.

The O'Reilly website shows this information:

MURRAY - THERMOSTAT (88-50 ALLIS/CAT/GM) Item No: 3938

Note: The Thermostat has 358-180 egraved in it's side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks