• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need this identified please

joeypushjr1

ok i know im sure someone is going to tell me look it up . but you know i got this picture trying to look it up and still failed to know what the darn thing is called so i can get another one found to replace it. on the pic lok at top 2 pic .. number 8 that nut with the boot where the 2 wires plung into . what is the thing called mines shot and i have no break lights. PLEASE HELP..

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That should be the pressure switch that sends electric to your brake lights. It goes like this, you push the brake peddle, fluid makes your brake pads press against the drums. Once pressure is built up, it closes that switch(#8 )and it lets electricity flow to the brake lights. Sound good?

onegmjack

Gimp right brake light pressure switch,a lot are electrical on other auto and trucks but most are pressure when the master cylinder the under floor board.

jatonka

yeah, brake light switch. When you get a chance, change it to an air actuated brake light switch, it is much safer. Ask me why I know. JT out

WarrenD

Ok, why do you know? I'd guess that they can blow out (or blow a seal) and the ensuing loss of hydraulic pressure in the braking system leads to a great big pucker factor event???;-)

jatonka

Warren D, On the night I did my first test run of my original JATonka 4x4 conversion Deuce, my hydraulic brake light switch diaghram failed, and I had a short in the wires that go to it, don't know which happened first, it doesn't matter cause the effect was catastrophic as the shorting wires ignited the silicone brake fluid and burst into flame under the rig. VERY bright white light, like a magnesium or phosphorus fire. Lost all lights and was on a very narrow, pitch dark woods road. I had mounted a fire extinguisher that day on the drivers fender, put the fire out and walked 1 1/4 miles home, in bear territory. No flashlight, no license plates on the stranded truck. came back next morning, surveyed the damage and learned a lesson. Nearly lost that first 4x4 before anyone ever even saw it. How would Bobbed Deuces ever happened then? JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks