• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need title advice on 3 Military trucks I currently possess

6x6pawn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the Ohio DMV refusing to title the vehicles with the form 97 and reassignment?

What is "Cali"?

What base did they come out of?

Correct, I have SF97, "Certificate to obtains title" and a bill of sale. -- Still having issues.

California*

One of the trucks says Red river army depot but I am not sure about the others.

Maybe I will try the bonded titles? I was thinking of writing a bill of sale from the re-assignment to me...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, I have SF97, "Certificate to obtains title" and a bill of sale. -- Still having issues.

California*

One of the trucks says Red river army depot but I am not sure about the others.

Maybe I will try the bonded titles? I was thinking of writing a bill of sale from the re-assignment to me...
Red River is a rebuild depot. He was asking where they were auctioned from ? Wright-Paterson maybe since your in that area.

tractors0130

Is there any reason that you can't just get titles in the name of the person that the SF-97 was originally assigned to and then use the POA to assign the titles to yourself?
Local LEO's should be able to complete a law cert. if California is requiring one.
Some states recognize the SF-97 as a "Certificate to obtain title" to the original purchaser from the government only and will not allow it to be reassigned. They look at reassignment as "skipping title" .
You might get lucky and find a currency exchange or DMV that could possibly push it through.

UNIMOG-GUY

Find out if Ohio has a "abandoned vehicle" process like Virginia does. It is a way to get a title for a vehicle that was left on your property. PM me for more info.

quickfarms

Maybe this is the problem.

According to this the Ohio BMV has put a moratorium on issuing abandoned vehicle titles.

http://www.autolawohio.com/bmv-not-processing-applications-for-abandoned-vehicle-titles/

Since this appears to be an Ohio law firm that deals with this you should consult them, or another Ohio law firm that deals with this area of the law, before listening to advice on the Internet. Usually the first consultation is free or very little cost.

6x6pawn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well guys looks like I've resorted to this:

Thanks for all the help and advice. I don't have the time to mess with these dumba$$'s at the dmv. Powertripping women. Every single one of them is female and just wants to ef with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you didn't waste any of our time. ;-)

And to list things for sale here you have to be a paying member.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks