• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to identify this generator

Hey fellas! For the generator guys (because I'm not terribly familiar with them).

I have a friend who recently lost his father, he has been placed with the responsibility of picking through his stuff and asked if I could identify this generator for him. He says his father thought it came from the Navy but was not too sure, nearest I can tell through a Google search is that it may be an early to mid 1950's 2kw ONAN OTC-17?

The data tag is very worn and almost impossible to read. My search on that set turned up no results on SS and a TM# 5-5085 on Google. I am unable to locate that manual in the TM section so I have hit a dead end.

It is a twin cylinder HO gas engine with a ripcord start, it is black but may have been painted at some point. He has no idea about it's operational condition.

Basically would like to know as much info on this set as I can, and is it military or civy?

Thanks in advance guys!
-GM

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks