• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to know this problem and how to fix it TODAY!

RedneckMilenko

I will, thank you doghead. I didn't think to google the pump and look it up. It was installed incorrectly though being as its as far from the tank as I think it can be. Hopefully all I'll have to do is re-run the hose from the hard line coming from the tank and directly attach it ti my filter housing and relocate the pump on the frame near the tank and my problems will be solved after draining the tank and replacing the filter.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-read post 20. I called

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh, so I guess that my pump is in fact not suited for my application being as it isn't meant to suck the fuel from the tank?
Correct, no suck. It does indeed need to be gravity fed(mounted lower than the tank and fed off the bottom).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worn out. Don't worry about that yet.

V8Astro

Most electric fuel pumps are like that. They can only push, not pull. I had a Magnafuel pump in my turbo Impala that would empty your swimming pool in 15 minutes but only if it was at the bottom :)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most electric fuel pumps are like that. They can only push, not pull. I had a Magnafuel pump in my turbo Impala that would empty your swimming pool in 15 minutes but only if it was at the bottom :)

I do not recall ever truly gravity feeding a solenoid type fuel pump in any application.

Depending on manufacturer, they do rate them with a "lift" specification.

Here's a visually identical type pump sold by a different manufacturer. http://www.facet-purolator.com/posi-flo-pumps.php Some are rated for as much as 50" lift.

V8Astro

I do not recall ever truly gravity feeding a solenoid type fuel pump in any application.

Depending on manufacturer, they do rate them with a "lift" specification.

Here's a visually identical type pump sold by a different manufacturer. http://www.facet-purolator.com/posi-flo-pumps.php Some are rated for as much as 50" lift.
Learned me somethin new today! :) I supposed that's why you called the mfg of the pump in question? Find out if it was rated for lift?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, and it was not.

Ditto on the learning something new everyday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks