• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to mount wheels on MEP803A

JeremyWigmore

I made a crude cradle with heavy locking casters for my 803a.

I wanted to make it more portable - if you can imagine that - so I wanted something where I could grab some handles and move the machine around. I keep the machine in my garage and wheel it outside when I need it, but also end up moving it to other properties at times. Some of my design ideas:

- Handles on each end of the machine to push/pull/manhandle the machine without pushing on the sheet metal.
- Handles needed to not get in the way of any of the access panels or doors.
- Handles needed to be able to be removed easily (see pinned connection to cradle frame).
- Needed to be able to easily lift the machine off the cradle via the fork pockets (using my tractor)
- Casters needed to be heavy enough to hold the machine, with brakes strong enough to keep it from vibrating/rolling away on my sloped driveway.

One of these days, I intent to refinish it all - paint, stencils, etc. One of these days...
IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5450.JPGIMG_5451.JPGIMG_5452.JPGIMG_5453.JPGIMG_5454.JPG

Bluevic443

Frame from a discarded project:
IMG_5812.JPG

Risers to get it to the height I wanted a cross bars to set it on:
IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5822.JPG

Found that the steel wheel cart rolls better with the heaver 803 than the rubber wheeled cart for the 802. :cool:

Chainbreaker

From the looks of it you met your design objectives nicely! Good idea having the handles and with pinned handles at that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks