• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to move a wrecked M1074 from Dublin, VA

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a wrecked M1074 that needs to be moved out of Dublin, VA and moved to a repair shop or possibly transport to CA. If someone can assist in getting it out of there it would greatly be appreciated. The frame from what I have been told by the tow truck driver is bent pretty bad and if it were to be put on a flatbed as is it would be over width so he recommended the frame be cut and it loaded in 2 pieces. The owner of the tow yard said that he would give permission to cut the frame, but whoever will be doing the work would need to sign a release of liability. If you know of anyone that can do the work please PM me.

Thanks
Daniel

fasttruck

Is this an articulated vehicle like a loader ? If so can they straighten it out into a straight line ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking out loud, does the value of the few salvageable parts exceed the transportation costs to CA?

4671 Hybrid

I'm slotted to return to the US for a course in May and it looks like we might have weekends off. If so, it's about a ~4 hour drive to Dublin. I have no idea what a commercial outfit might charge but I'd be happy to devote a day and a half with a torch (mine is in storage so you'd have to provide) and see what I can do.

Once it's cut into manageable and straight pieces, what're the next steps? Out of curiosity, what's the approximate price to have it delivered to CA?

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am just down the road in Roanoke, 35 MIN, got a torch and willing to help anyway I can, schedule is flexible.

A true honor to be able to help

Last edited:

pigpen60

If your traveling I-70 I will help if you have problems. I have a C/T and hand tools that are mobile and a pickup and 16' trailer and a mini van if you need transport. PM me for phone numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks